Back from Caribbean Princess Cabin E731

JKStar

We just returned from the 7/24 sailing of Caribbean Princess and were in cabin E731. This is the last mini-suite on the starboard side of the ship with the extended balcony. The balcony is wonderful. We had worried about noise from Club Fusion directly below the cabin. There was absolutely NO noise. We were in Club Fusion one night when the music was especially loud and I went up to the cabin and could not hear a sound. I highly recommend this cabin.

Thanks for this, JK!!! We're a few cabins down from you for a next June sailing. I'm a VERY light sleeper and was a little concerned about the noise issue. Now I can "rest easy"!!!

How did everything else onboard go for you?? I love hearing every detail, with 305 days left till our departure... :mad:

tom-n-jules

The cruise was great. This was our 4th cruise, first with Princess. I have to agree with the other posters from our cruise about the main dining room. The food was good, not great. We still ate there every night because we had wonderful tablemates and enjoyed our time together. Since we had the late seating we went early to the Caribe Court on the seafood nights and had lobster, crab, shrimp, etc. Don't miss this if you enjoy seafood. At lunch there is also food on one side of the Caribe Court that has different selections from the Horizon Court. Another food 'adventure' not to miss is the homemade icecream served from 3:30 - 4:30 in the Horizon Court. Some days the flavors were a little strange, but we always managed to find something we liked. Needless to say, we ate far too much and far too often on this cruise. One of our favorite things we did was the America's Cup Sailing Race in St. Martin. This was so much fun. In St. Thomas we did a private tour with Godfrey. He takes you shopping, a tour of the island, and to the beach - all for $20. If this is your first time in St. Thomas it is a nice way to spend the day. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Kathy

We didn't have any kids with us, so I don't know about the kids programs.

JKStar-

We will be sailing in Feb in E730. We have not been able to find much detail on the extended balconies for 730/731. You mentioned they were great. Glad to hear it. How big was it? Do you get lounge chairs instead of just the normal balcony chairs? It is my understanding that these are fairly private as compated to the Dolphin level. Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Saka

• 8 years later...
We just returned from the 7/24 sailing of Caribbean Princess and were in cabin E731. This is the last mini-suite on the starboard side of the ship with the extended balcony. The balcony is wonderful. We had worried about noise from Club Fusion directly below the cabin. There was absolutely NO noise. We were in Club Fusion one night when the music was especially loud and I went up to the cabin and could not hear a sound. I highly recommend this cabin.

Eight years later and I hope it's still quiet cuz I just grabbed this exact cabin for next year!

We were in E730 on the Crown. Heard music one night for a few minutes. Not an issue. Balcony is a little less than double the size of any other mini-suite. We were on Dolphin in a mini-suite on the Emerald and did not like the lack of privacy. Here's a pic.

E730_balcony.jpg.b8afee2c5b9ca3be24f8cbccb3a67373.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I have an AE gty, and this could be one of the cabins that we could be assigned. :)

You most likely will be assigned a cabin on Dolphin deck. Probably an AA, AB and AC. Most Emerald deck mini suites people take and mark as no upgrade.

You most likely will be assigned a cabin on Dolphin deck. Probably an AA, AB and AC. Most Emerald deck mini suites people take and mark as no upgrade.

You are most definitely right... But, just in case, I did wonder about the noise.:)

You are most definitely right... But, just in case, I did wonder about the noise.:)

I have stayed in E731 many of times and heard nothing. E730 (opposite side) has reports of some noise. Most don't seem to care. The opposite side has more potential for noise.

I have stayed in E731 many of times and heard nothing. E730 (opposite side) has reports of some noise. Most don't seem to care. The opposite side has more potential for noise.

Stayed in E726 on the port side of the CB in March of this year...a tiny bit of noise...some minor thumps one night around 1030. We had a white noise machine in the room for sleeping and never heard a thing after we turned it on. The Emerald mini's have a covered balcony as well. I *highly* recommend them.

JKStar-

We will be sailing in Feb in E730. We have not been able to find much detail on the extended balconies for 730/731. You mentioned they were great. Glad to hear it. How big was it? Do you get lounge chairs instead of just the normal balcony chairs? It is my understanding that these are fairly private as compated to the Dolphin level. Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Saka

We were in E730 on CB...I didn't get any pictures of the balcony (because it was snowing when we boarded), but these pictures I took of E728 on diamond Princess are identical:

BG-31.jpg

BG-32.jpg

Archived