My pictures are up-Regatta Jan. 28!

PurpleCow

These are the digital scrapbook pages I created with my pictures from the January 28 Panama Canal cruise on Regatta. I haven't sent it off the the printer yet; I might want to add some more pages. Thought you might enjoy a different take on the way someone saves and displays their photos. Getting the books printed is less than half the cost of home printing and a much nicer final product.

Excellent pictures Ann. My wife and I are also going on the same cruise next year so your pictures definitely upped my anticipation level. If you don't mind my asking, what stateroom or suite were you in? If you were in a penthouse suite, did you have any noise from the pool deck? Thanks.

We were in a PH3, Dave, 8054. We didn't hear a peep from anywhere. In fact, I commented to Bill one day that I was surprised that we never heard anything through the walls, except the toilet flushing when one was in the bathroom. Unfortunately, Danijel, our butler, told us he's signing only one more contract, so we'll probably never see him again. He plans to work at the new Libertas hotel in Dubrovnik so he can be with his family. He was the best.

Ann, what a fab job you did! So creative and it must have been fun putting it all together. It was nice to have met you on the cruise and to spend the day with Rosie and the others. Looking at your pix brought it all back. Especially since today we are expecting snow!!

Thanks for posting your work! China???

Regards, Peggy

Becky, it's not difficult at all. Sharon, I use FotoFusion. It's easy to learn and I've had a lot of fun with it. I'm still using version 3, although verson 4 is now out. There's a good forum and a better Yahoo group with lots of valuable info and tips. There's also a FotoFusion gallery. You can see mine here. I've also posted the pages from my Netherlands book in PhotoBucket. They're not centered because those pages had already been formatted for printing, leaving gutters on the sides that will be in the binding.

Since I began digitally scrapbooking my pictures I've found that it really keeps the trips in my memory. I relive them as I sort through the photos, then again when I create the layouts and then over and over once I get the books back from the publisher or I page through the albums I've printed myself. I've begun scanning in old photos and making layouts with those. It's an addicting hobby, but with wonderful rewards.

Becky, it's not difficult at all. Sharon, I use FotoFusion. It's easy to learn and I've had a lot of fun with it. I'm still using version 3, although verson 4 is now out. There's a good forum and a better Yahoo group with lots of valuable info and tips. There's also a FotoFusion gallery. You can see mine here. I've also posted the pages from my Netherlands book in PhotoBucket..

Thanks! I still have all the photos from our Baltic cruise on Insignia sitting on a removable hard drive.....the husband asked yesterday when I thought he might get a couple of pictures printed. The digital scrapbook is a great idea and might get me off dead center.

Thanks again for sharing the pages and the information.

Sharon

We were in a PH3, Dave, 8054. We didn't hear a peep from anywhere. In fact, I commented to Bill one day that I was surprised that we never heard anything through the walls, except the toilet flushing when one was in the bathroom. Unfortunately, Danijel, our butler, told us he's signing only one more contract, so we'll probably never see him again. He plans to work at the new Libertas hotel in Dubrovnik so he can be with his family. He was the best.

Danijel was our butler, too. Thank you for the information--we are going on the Christmas/New Year's trip again this year, and I would have been asking about him and looking for him (amongst others). I'm glad for him he was able to find employment at home with his family, and sad for those of us who will miss him.

PS: Oh yes--really liked the pictures! And I saw Danijel in there, too. All the best to him.

Angela, I think Danijel might still be there. His present contract isn't over and he's going to sign one more. He was so great. He knew Bill is a coffee addict and if we didn't order canapes he would come by to see if he wanted coffee. And he made us reservations in Polo without our asking (after our initial 2.) I saw the Libertas, under construction, when I was in Dubrovnik on Insignia in July '05. Looks like it's going to be spectacular. Might just have to check it out-esppecially if Danijel will be there. Oh, and Danijel is the butler in the two pictures in the current brochures. What a cutie!

Decebel, my book from our Netherlands trip arrived today. It's my first one and it's spectacular. 86 pages (or so) and only about half an inch thick! I think you'll love digital scrapping. Give me a holler if you have any questions.

I knew it! I was convinced the first time I saw him that it was Danijel in the books. Yes, he's a cutie.

My husband also suggested that he might, indeed, still be there at Christmas. I have resigned myself to the likely possibility that I will never again see these wonderful crew members again, so to do so would be a real treat. Ok, some of the passengers were lots of fun, too.;)

About how long did the transit of the Canal take? We actually got to watch the Regatta go thru the Atlantic-side locks (heading for Miami) a week or so ago on one of those Bridge Cam web sites. But then it got dark and that was that. Going thru the locks didn't seem to take much time at all, from what we could see. But then you've got that large lake....

About how long did the transit of the Canal take? We actually got to watch the Regatta go thru the Atlantic-side locks (heading for Miami) a week or so ago on one of those Bridge Cam web sites. But then it got dark and that was that. Going thru the locks didn't seem to take much time at all, from what we could see. But then you've got that large lake....

It did take some time to do the whole system but to do the locks themselves it was maybe less than 1 hr each set.

We started early in the morning I am thinking 7am to about 5pm but I don't get up till 9 so who knows!! :D

Well, we were up bright and early! The locks themselves didn't take very long (thought it seemed so when we were going through them!) as Lynn said. Maybe an hour or so. But the whole trip through took 10 or eleven hours. The sun was setting when we got into the Caribbean.

I had to restrain myself from having Danijel autograph the brochure! I told myself, "He's the butler; you're the lady." But now I wish I had. If you do see Danijel in December, give him a big hello from Bill and Ann Cobb and tell him I miss him.

Decebel, my book from our Netherlands trip arrived today. It's my first one and it's spectacular. 86 pages (or so) and only about half an inch thick! I think you'll love digital scrapping. Give me a holler if you have any questions.

Thanks Ann. I am intrigued. I have bookmarked the site, once I am finished with the pictures I've rescued from the old albums, I will most definately get started with my digital phots. Definately like the idea of a 86 page album that is 1/2 an inch thick. :) Again, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Lyn and Ann. We are planning on taking a trip thru the Canal in the future--we were just curious.

If I see Danijel, Ann, I promise to tell him you and Bill said Hello. There are so many crew members on that ship I would love to see again....

On the last night before we arrived in Miami, there was an announcement that if you dutifully filled in your Questionnaire you would be entered into a drawing for a chance at 6 menus, autographed by the cooks (and maybe the wait staff?). I knew I wouldn't win so stole their idea. I asked the maitre'd at Toscana if I could have the menu, and got it autographed by who I wanted. So mine has both passengers and crew who made our trip so much fun and just plain wonderful. And thank goodness we were some of the last off the next morning, as I was still running about looking for people. And yes, I got Danijel to sign, too, in spite of him being in a great hurry to do whatever it was he needed to do.

Jule and Bob,

No, we're on the Regatta in the West Indies/Caribbean--so we can tell people (if they should ask) we spent Christmas on St. Barths... ^_^

Something fun--on one of the ship's channels you can follow the other sister ships to some extent--so we will watch where you are on Insignia and you can follow us on Regatta--and we'll all keep track of Nautica.

Just returned from the 14 day WesternCaribbean/Canal sailing..wife & I were in 7114 (OS) and had the pleasure of having Danijel as our butler. He said something about doing the crossing and then going on holiday. He said he won't be on the ship when we board again in May. Too bad! nice chap.

Archived