Voyager Dinner/AO Question

Does anyone know what nights on the Voyager they take the kids to Johnny Rockets for dinner? And do they serve Lobster in the main dining room? This is our first cruise. I have been told we need to make reservations for specialty restaurants as soon as you get on board but I want it to be on the night our 9 year old can go to Johnny Rockets and my oldest daughter doesn't want to miss lobster if they have it in the dining room. Thank you.

When you board, the customer service desk should have all the menus for the week. That way, you can plan. Reservations at the specialty restaurants can't be made before boarding, and once onboard, there's no HUGE rush. (Not everyone eats at the restaurants!) Check the Compass in your room, to get a feel for the week's activities.

Lobster Night is a thing of the past. Now, it's the Fisherman's Platter! Small tail with shrimp. Not the same as it used to be, but still.....enjoy!

When you first get on, I would recommend going up to Adventure Ocean to get the kids signed up. They will tell you what nights they have Adventure Dining available. It will be either 3 or 4 nights. It will be both formal nights, and one or two other nights. We had two ohter nights on our 8 night Jewel last March but I think there is only one other night on our 7 night Mariner in two weeks. You can then go to Portofino or Chops, look at the menus for the week and decide which night(s) you can make reservations for. You don't sign up for Adventure Dining until the day of, so you'll have to make sure you run by there (I think before noon) to sign the kid(s) up.

Actually, you can go to the specialty restaurant any night - just make your reservation for 7:30 or so and feed the kids in the Windjammer earlier, then drop them off at AO while you eat. I think they take them on JR on formal night, but can't remember.

Archived