Is there enough time

bpmets

We were on the Freedom 3 weeks ago, the winter break week. We had an 11:35 AM flight out of Miami... we did the self-disembarkation & were off the ship by 6:15. A quick cab ride to the airport, about 1/2 hour in line to check the bags, & we were at our gate by 7:15. Some other folks who were on the Freedom with us used the regular ship departure & were there around 10, I think.

We went early in the hopes of getting a bump. Unfortunately, the weather was bad in Chicago & the early flights had all been canceled, so no bumps.

So if you're willing to get off the ship early, I'd say absolutely take the 11 AM flight. It's still do-able with regular departure, but I'd rather wait around the airport than be nervous about making the flight.

We didn't do the "self-disemb.", and we arrived at MIA before 9am-- Yes--it's more than do-able! Just make sure (about midway through your cruise) that you inform the service desk that you have an early flight. You will be in one of the 1st groups off the ship, on your way to the airport, and then home, sweet home!

Archived