Freedom H2O Zone- and toddlers

Dont flame me for asking- for a friend with a non potty trained toddler- is there now a roped off area of teh H2O zone that can be used by kids in swim diapers or are they still banned from all pools on RCCL?

From everything I have seen, there is no roped off area. I am assuming that all of the water flows together...so still no non-potty trained infants.

Disney Magic and Wonder are still the only cruise ships that have an area for non-potty trained toddlers/infants.

I wish RCCL would get on the boat. :rolleyes:

Yes it is a shame as she is about ready to choose a cruise for their next vacation- it would be nice if they had an area devoted to toddlers. I can understand the potential health issues involved though. I will tell her about Disney but at the moment they are interested in the Freedom.

Yes it is a shame as she is about ready to choose a cruise for their next vacation- it would be nice if they had an area devoted to toddlers. I can understand the potential health issues involved though. I will tell her about Disney but at the moment they are interested in the Freedom.

You can direct her to the family board or print out some posts about bringing a blowup pool. There are MANY parents who just bring the blowup pools. I know on Freedom it's going to be tough because the H20 zone is such a colorful draw to kids. They won't settle for a blow up pool.

I had to hold my breath when I booked Freedom that my then 1 year old would be potty trained for Freedom. And she ended up potty training at 2. And that was almost a year ago. So she will be able to enjoy the H20 zone in April. :)

It's sad that Freedom can add that big huge water area but they can't add a 4 ft toddler spray area that constantly drains like Disney's does. :rolleyes:

I can tell you for sure that toddlers in swim diapers are not allowed in any of the pools, and this includes the H20 zone. Sorry.

I would like to know what they do about elderly people who wear depends. Isn't this the same thing? Why can they swim, but children can not? I don't personally have any children, but you would think that such a family friendly cruise line would have something for toddlers.

They will be adding it on the new Genesis class ships. I agree, they want to promote families but do not have an area for toddlers. I get the rules but its awfully hard to explain them to a child who sees everyone else having fun and they cant go in. they should at least have an area for them to go to.

If you are doing the western itinerary, the water park in labadee will them them in. My nephew loved it, we had a hard time getting him to leave.

I can tell you for sure that toddlers in swim diapers are not allowed in any of the pools, and this includes the H20 zone. Sorry.

I would like to know what they do about elderly people who wear depends. Isn't this the same thing? Why can they swim, but children can not? I don't personally have any children, but you would think that such a family friendly cruise line would have something for toddlers.

The last time we were onboard, I noticed that the wording on the signs by the pool had been changed and now state that "guests wearing diapers" are not allowed in the pools. That pretty much covers toddlers in diapers and adults in depends. The ban is not an RCI policy, it is a regulation established by the CDC.:)

The ban is not an RCI policy, it is a regulation established by the CDC.:)

Completly understand but that still doesn't explain why RCCL (and every other family cruiseline) wouldn't add an area like Disney has for toddlers/infants (water completly drains away)

I hope the pp is right and the genesis class is adding one. I had hope for the freedom class....but that never happened.

That would be great if the Genesis class would add an area for the toddlers. My son will be 1 1/2 when we go on the liberty and it will be hard not having him be able to participate in the H2O zone. However, I will at least have the change to go to Labadee and then he can enjoy all the water fun he can have. :-)

They will be adding it on the new Genesis class ships. I agree, they want to promote families but do not have an area for toddlers. I get the rules but its awfully hard to explain them to a child who sees everyone else having fun and they cant go in. they should at least have an area for them to go to.

If you are doing the western itinerary, the water park in labadee will them them in. My nephew loved it, we had a hard time getting him to leave.

Merion Mom sees everyone in Adventure Ocean having fun and she can't go in.

It's just not fair.

:rolleyes:

If a child is young enough NOT to be "potty trained", then there's no reason for them to see anything the parents don't show them!!!! Toddler's react to the parents--not the situation! If the parents don't take them to the pool area and show them what they are missing, then they won't know!

LOL thats funny....I have that on very good word that the genesis class will have it. It is supposed to have an area for two and under. It would be one of the few things that make us go on a ship that big since my sister is pregnant again and addicted to cruising lol.

In general, it's not urine that causes problems (healthy urine is sterile; however, some diseases, such as hepatitis, can contaminate urine). The biggest health issue is with fecal matter in diapers (children and adult) leaking out of the diapers and into the water.

I'm a parent who is sensitive to this issue, but my science background understands that protective rules have to be made. And, as a paying vacationer, my family and I have been denied access to the pool because a child had an accident (this happens all the time at our local YMCA too). It's frustrating to pay for a resort and not be able to use the ammenities. So... until they can make it safe, I'm all for the rules. (Sounds like Disney wins hands down in this arena!)

If a child is young enough NOT to be "potty trained", then there's no reason for them to see anything the parents don't show them!!!! Toddler's react to the parents--not the situation! If the parents don't take them to the pool area and show them what they are missing, then they won't know!

Thank You !!!!!!!!

I get the rules but its awfully hard to explain them to a child who sees everyone else having fun and they cant go in. they should at least have an area for them to go to.

That's exactly why we're waiting until my younger son will be potty trained before we cruise.

So on the Freedom of the Seas, the toddler should be kept hidden from the ENTIRE top deck so they won't possibly catch a glimpse of the H2O zone. Yeah that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

I guess it wouldn't be a smarter idea just to add a play area for the toddlers, right? On Freedom there is a whole boxing ring that is never used. That was a good design choice. :eek:

There are play areas and facilities for toddlers on the ship, just not a pool area for reasons already noted here. RCI has a special program for parents and kids who are not old enough to qualify for the Adventure Ocean program, but the parents have to participate along with their kids.

There are play areas and facilities for toddlers on the ship, just not a pool area for reasons already noted here. RCI has a special program for parents and kids who are not old enough to qualify for the Adventure Ocean program, but the parents have to participate along with their kids.

Sorry but I was talking about a WATER play area. I should have been more specific. And there is no reason not to have one. If Disney can do it, then so can every other cruiseline that caters to families.

I will get off of my soapbox now. I guess this is just one of those arguments that really irks me. I spend most of my time on the Family Board because I need to stay away from this discussion on the RCCL board.

And no it really doesn't bother me for MY family. My youngest is already potty trained. :p I would really like more families to discover cruising and have a place for children of all ages to enjoy.

I would really like more families to discover cruising and have a place for children of all ages to enjoy.

Wouldn't that be GREAT?! Our first cruise (just a few weeks ago!) was on the Mariner. As incredible as she was, I don't think she caters to families with young children (the toddler age). I'm hesitant to go on her with my 3 year old (who is potty trained, but the pools are deep and there really isn't a great child friendly pool on board), but would love to book the Freedom specifically for their younger oriented splash park. Maybe more family-friendly cruiselines will start offering something more for the young crowd - it wouldn't have to be much and the parents and kids would love it! :D

Archived