GTY and no upgrade, please

happy cruzer

I was looking at my reservation on Regatta from an online TA. When I made the reservation, I asked for the least expensive cabin on the ship; I assumed that would be a GTY. I do remember the TA saying level G and GTY both so I thought G meant GTY. My reservation says that I have an Inside (G) and then gives the stateroom room number on level 4. Since this is a transatlantic, I have requested by email that my TA say I do not want an upgrade. I have decided I would rather be low and inside in case of rough seas plus I figure I would never get upgraded to an outside just inside higher in the ship. Well, no response from the TA, which I can handle with them.

My question after reading this very informative thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296075&page=3&highlight=guaranty

was: Will Oceania even consider changing my cabin (should I just leave the assignment at it is)? Will they now mark it no upgrade since I was under the impression I was doing a GTY?

I like to the know the answers before I get on the phone with the TA. Sometimes the TA or even the cruiseline rep doesn't really know the policies.:)

Thanks!

Since almost all O cruises are sold out there is very little worry about getting an upgrade! It most probably will never happen.

Even TA?

Just asking..... friend booked G( fwd+++) but unable to get deck 4(midship). Should I tell him to forget about any upgrade? Almost anything is better in this case.

According to my agent (thanks, Jan), transAtlantic cruises used to sail half empty and upgrades were easy. Now, she says that repositioning cruises are getting more popular and are starting to be fully booked. That said, the transAtlantic we are taking in November still has C1, B1 & 2, and A1, 2 & 3 cabins left, including our favorite on deck 7. We're booked into 4043. With eight months to go, we don't hold out much hope that "our" cabin will still be available for an upgrade, but we're keeping our fingers crossed. If we get bumped up, that will open up the mid-deck 4 cabin for your friend...:cool:

By the way, I'm surprised your friend was not able to get a mid-ship C1 cabin; the Oceania web site shows a selection of at least 5 of them, from 4036 to 4056.

Don & Betsy,

Thanks for all this helpful info on cabins.

My friend is in G ( inside ) which is significantly less money than C1. He's not on your cruise. It's the very last one of 2008 .

Hi, everyone, thanks for the inputs.

I need to clarify. I am currently in a G according to my paperwork on level 4. I think any change to my cabin is considered an "upgrade" . but I like where it is.

does Oceania need to be told not to upgrade? Each line seems to be a bit different. Some once you have a cabin assignment that is it, others you can be upgraded right until you unpack on the ship and the only way you can be sure of your cabin is to tell them in writing no upgrade.

Also, when I look on Oceania's website it does not show my cabin assignment. Is that normal? Is there a way to check online what your cabin assignment is?

Thanks again!

Also, when I look on Oceania's website it does not show my cabin assignment. Is that normal? Is there a way to check online what your cabin assignment is?

Thanks again!

I think only if you are a past guest you can see your cabin assignment for future cruises not sure if it is your first cruise on O.

Your TA should be able to find out for you.

You could always ask her to tell O that you do not want to move from deck 4

Archived