Best Balcony Photo

My son and I, watching the humpback whales as we cruised towards Juneau! (It was a bit chilly out there!)

92625738-S.jpg

Hubby on our extended balcony on the Carnival Pride! (No blankets required on this Mexican Riviera cruise!) ;)

152780878-M.jpg

My son and I, watching the humpback whales on our balcony on the Mercury as we cruised towards Juneau! (It was a bit chilly out there!)

92625738-S.jpg

Hubby on our extended balcony on the Carnival Pride! (No blankets required on this Mexican Riviera cruise!) ;)

152780878-M.jpg

Jenbo, you look so chilly on your Alaska trip! Makes me glad I bought a pair of wool gloves lately which have a "mitten" cap I can flip off for taking photos then flip back on to keep warm. :)

Sorry...didn't mean to post those twice! My computer's burping a bit tonight... ;)
No problem Jenbo, nice pictures. Just out of curiosity, what month was your Alaska cruise? Sure looks cold... I hope that wasn't July.:eek:

Ps.

Love the big balcony on Pride!

tomko2,

What??? Gloves??? It had been in the 80s all week when we left Seattle; who's thinking about gloves and heavy jackets?!?! :)

Seriously though, I did have gloves...just didn't have them on when we were out on our balcony (which was often). When we cruised Hubbard Glacier and I was up on deck, definitely!

Grumpus,

Actually, we were up there the last week in August. And that leg of the trip (Seattle/Juneau) was the only one where we had "bad" weather, the rest of the trip was spectacular! I tell you, that part of the country is heaven on earth! My brother leaves Saturday on his third Alaskan cruise -- right now he's in Denali. I'm jealous, but we're going back again in '09. (If you're interested, my cruise pictures are at www.jenbo.smugmug.com)

Cheryl,

We were in cabin 8232, a category 8E. I think only if you're in an aft end wraparound will you have a balcony as large.

8232, 8234, 7258, 7260, 6232 and 6234 -- because of the layout of the ship -- are cabins with the extended balconies. We had no idea they even existed when we booked; I just told the customer service rep that I wanted deck 8, aft end, port side, and he said, "have I got a cabin for you"! We sure lucked out...

Would you please tell us what your cabin # was on the Pride? We're going to be on her in Nov and we have a category 11 Suite. Hope the balcony is as large as the one in the pic!

Thanks, Cheryl

Even a side facing cat 11 balcony is double wide (80 sq. ft. - 20 x 4).

Thanks for the info Jenbo57. I always wondered what those extended balconies looked like. My only other question is about elevator noise. You are right by them, right? Did you hear anything?

Cuizer2 - we were originally booked in a cat 11 right next to the wrap around suite at the aft. I found pics of them online and I was alittle worried about how narrow it was, so we moved to mid-ship to a balcony that is more square. We're going to have our 4 year old granddaughter with us and I wanted more room for her. I think the suite we have now is about 85 sq ft.

Hi, folks, just a gentle reminder that this thread has gotten 'off topic'. Perhaps the balcony location and size questions could be addressed on the cruiseline's board? Thanks

Unfortunately when someone describes a balcony on the cruise line thread, someone always asks for a photo. So we post a photo and soon we have another balcony photo thread. And its a little hard to keep posting links back and forth saying, click on the link below and go to post number 37, there you will see a picture of your balcony. :eek:

Perhaps we need a special balcony forum with two threads, one for pictures and one for questions, answers and written descriptions. :)

Cuizer2,

Understood, I've done it myself...but since this is a photo gallery, folks usually come here to either ask a question about photography or to 'view' a photo...so let's keep this thread for the photos, OK? :)

Okay, just having a little fun and answering the questions that come up.

I don't like responses that say you are in the wrong place. Besides, it is easier to just provide the info.

Thanks for the info Jenbo57. I always wondered what those extended balconies looked like. My only other question is about elevator noise. You are right by them, right? Did you hear anything?

Cuizer2 - we were originally booked in a cat 11 right next to the wrap around suite at the aft. I found pics of them online and I was alittle worried about how narrow it was, so we moved to mid-ship to a balcony that is more square. We're going to have our 4 year old granddaughter with us and I wanted more room for her. I think the suite we have now is about 85 sq ft.

Cherlynn,

I'll answer your question, then post another shot of the same balcony, so we're not off topic! :D No noise from the elevators, the room next to us (some sort of crew area -- I think where they store supplies maybe), or the Lido deck above! I can't emphasize enough how perfect the location of this cabin is! Easy access to the elevators/stairs, and right below the Mermaid Grille (where we always grabbed breakfast and lunch).

152780994-S.jpg

I love to see all these gorgeous photos! I'm so excited for my first cruise, and all the wonderful photos add to the excitement.

I have to laugh at this one... TWO wonderful yummies in one post. A decadent chocolate creation that is making my mouth water- and a picture of Gerard Bulter below as King Leonidas in "300" that is even more scrumptious! ;)

Maybe it's not the best balcony photo ,but it sure tasted good.

p1001570.jpg

Archived