Weather in Eastern Med in late September?

wesp

I'm rather expecting it to be much like the spring and fall weather here in CA. Temps in the low to mid 70s and up. T-shirt and shorts weather predominantly, long pants with a light sweater and/or jacket once evening comes.

How's the weather for an Eastern Med cruise in late Spetmber - early October?

Wesley :rolleyes:

Hi Wesley:)

The weather in September /October in the Eastern Mediterranean should be sunny throughout, with temperatures in the high 20ies, low 30ies (I am talking degrees Celsius!!!). Water temperytures depending on the summer heat, but generally between 24°C and 27°C.

Let us know if you are coming over to Europe. Don't forget to stop by in Switzerland!

Swissers

well everything i read it said 70's .. but we had rain and very cold in some places... i had to buy gloves.. heavier coat...found some nice scarf's..

so maybe take a few things to layer....

Tonia

well everything i read it said 70's .. but we had rain and very cold in some places... i had to buy gloves.. heavier coat...found some nice scarf's..

You can never tell with Europe (which is why I said in another thread that you should always have an umbrella).

We were in a hot, sticky, humid London one July and decided to head to the north west (Blackpool) for a day out. We were wearing t-shirts and shorts, but we arrived to weather that was freezing cold and drizzly. Had to stop in a market for a cheap sweater and pair of long pants. :rolleyes:

Wesley,

How's the weather for an Eastern Med cruise in late Spetmber - early October?

Perfect for tourng, though perhaps a bit cool for swimming.

Be aware that many shore excusions in that region include visits to churches with significant art and architecture, and that nearly all of those churches have strict dress codes. Basically, the churches require clohing that completely covers the shoulders, the knees, and everything between. Also, ladies must wear a hat or a scarf on their heads when iside those churches.

Norm.

bigwally

There is a vast difference in weather between London and Blackpool - not to say anything about the 240 miles, or so, from south to north. I am staggered that you went for a day! It's three hours on the train and about five if you drive. Brave man:p

Eastern Med should still be in the 70s but as some other posters have mentioned, at that time of year the weather is on the change.

One other point: the days will be noticeably shorter by then. The equinox os 22 September (or thereabouts - some references give it as 21 September), ie the day when day & ight are equal length. After that days are a bit shorter than the nights. So a bit less than 12 hours of daylight after that date, a bit more than 12 hours in the week or so beforehand. This means the 'evening coolness' will be arriving pretty early!

what were the ports where it rained? is that usual? --we are headed for W Med in Sept 07-RT Barcelona to S France, Rome, Florence, Corsica etc. & then E Medit n Nov 08 to Greece ,Sicily RT Rome....Hope we did not make a mistake--want to avoid crowds & tour rather than beach it! Guess umbrellas will be going with us along with heavy sweaters & rain gear ---

I am staggered that you went for a day!

Well if I had to be quite honest, we did decide that it would be too much of a slog after we started back and eventually bedded down for the night near Birmingham.

HC, we're going to take pretty much what we'd expect to wear in SoCal for the fall, layering up or down as necessary. We probably won't have any heavy sweaters, though we'll definitely have lightweight ones and jackets of some kind (either leather or windbreaker type).

For church wear, if it does turn out to be warmer than expected (IT'S THE GLOBAL WARMING PEOPLE! :eek: ), then I'm going to be investing in a couple of pairs of those slacks with the zip out legs. I'll zip them on or off as necessary. The wife is quite fond of capri pants (much to my personal chagrin), so I'd expect her to have some of those to wear.

Archived