Seattle to Vancouver

emma2u

When I wish to get from Vancouver to SEA airport I generally use the Quick Shuttle Bus service. They run 5 scheduled trips per day - on time - with comfortable buses - 3.5 hours Vancouver to SEA - for onlu $42.Ca one way.''

Another way is to rent a car and drive it - 100 miles a very easy drive straight south downt he I5 interstate.

Another alternative is to take the Amtrak train which leaves Vancouver daily at 5pm for SEattle arriving in Seattle around about 9pm - Amtrak shows 3 daily departures but only the 5pm is via train the other 2 are via bus.

Hope the above helps

By the way, the train ride from Seattle to Vancouver is beautiful. Based on what BCHappyGal wrote, things have changed a little. Last time I did it, the train ran first thing in the morning (7am comes to mind), not 5pm. Anyway, if you can do it, take the train - you won't regret it. Customs are easy at the train station in Vancouver, too!

I am sorry I wasn't more clear in my question.......the brain goes as we get older:o We get into Seattle at 11 am and our ship, The Serenade leaves Vancouver at 5pm. That does narrow our optioons! I guess what I may be looking for are referrals to a good transport service I can make reservations with. Or do you think we should just go with the charter bus so the ship won't leave with out us???? Thank you for all your answers.:)

emma. Arriving in Seattle at 11am and ship leaving Vancouver at 5 pm.. Way too close to drive it yourself or to look for alternate transportation... You never know if your plane will arrive on time or what will happen on your way there... It is a 3.5 hour drive.. Go with the charter bus. That way the ship will wait if the bus is late. I am sure you won't be the only passenger on the bus.

I agree- you are cutting it way too close. Seattle airport is huge and it can take you 30 mins just to walk to bagage and get your bags outside. I would look into a flight- Seattle -Vancouver OR change your flight for arrival the night before. I hope you are better planned for the return??? You need a departure after 3pm. Are you sure that the cruiseline bus leaves that late?? This would be the only "land" option I would consider.

:)

You say that your plane arrives in Seattle at 11. By the time you claim your lugage and head out for the bus, it could be 12. Provided the plane arrives on time.

Are you using the cruise lines air?

I wouldn't recommend arriving that late to get from Seattle to Vancouver. We have done this 2 ways. One time we stayed in Seattle and took the cruise lines bus to Vancouver the next day. Another time, we took the cruise line bus to Vancouver and stayed there overnight.

If you do take the cruise lines bus from Seattle to Vancouver, there will be other passengers on the bus and if it runs late, the ship will be held for you. But any transportation that you do on your own, the ship won't wait for you.

:)

Archived