Warning to all you September & October cruisers

lizardhowson

The same was predicated for 2006. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2006/hurricanes/

No kidding...

Cruise every year in October... and I always know it's hurricane season (have lived in NC most of my life, LOL). Cruise ships don't typically cruise into hurricanes... they go around. Hurricanes are predicted every year during hurricane season... and I will continue to cruise during that time :D If one is worried about a hurricane affecting their cruise... best not to cruise from June-November... and perhaps May-January.

My entire first graduate-level class in risk management was spent analyzing the recorded history of hurricane activity. Lesson learned: hurricanes are one of those things that are almost completely unpredictable. There haven't been enough hurricanes to produce an accurate statistical sample. Three words: buy the insurance.

Oh FTLOG

Meteorologists can't predict the weather 24 hours ahead of time with any accuracy, I don't know how the hell they can predict a hurricane season. :rolleyes:

Freakin fear-mongers

Last time I checked Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30.

Everyone should cancel their cruises and only sail from December to May!!

We all know how accurate Hurrican predictions are dont we? It is nothing more than a guessing game partially based on averages from previous years.

Thanks for the panic post though! :D

Last time I checked Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30.

Everyone should cancel their cruises and only sail from December to May!!

We all know how accurate Hurrican predictions are dont we? It is nothing more than a guessing game partially based on averages from previous years.

Thanks for the panic post though! :D

There was a TS last January too... :D

Hurricanes don't have calendars... they can come anytime they want, so just cancel your cruises and give them to me :D

saw that one the other day and remembered thinkin it was right up your alley. think my fav comment was the first poster's -- "and this, is why we have the weather channel..." LOL.

LOL. First time I have seen it and just had to bookmark it thinking it would be good for hurricane season :D

An extra day or two added on a cruise or alternative port would be fine with me. :D

I agree B...didn't Zone have a 7 day turned into 9 or 10 days because of a storm?

I have not purchased insurance... if this DOES happen, how will I be affected?

I mean, have they ever canceled a cruise, or do they just changed the itenerary?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Dang!! I thought my signature was big!!

Yes, they have cancelled cruises... mostly they will just change the itinerary. There have been cruises to nowhere created by hurricanes.. LOL YOu definitely should purchase insurance though... I would never cruise without it.

One thing I have learned here, if they ever DO announce a hurricane might be coming, the first thing I would do is look for a last minute bargain and book as fast as I can.

I lived in Florida and know how bad they are to go thru, I was in a evacuation zone. That being said a part of me almost wishes for a little scare to lower prices. Yea I know that would be mean. I'm not wishing it to really happen to anyone....but I would book during hurricane season in a heartbeat. Maybe the price of my October 07 cruise would drop...hmmmm.

We had a 7 day turned into a 9 day on the Inspiration a couple of years ago, during Huricane Frances. An extra day in Cozumel and an extra day at sea. Great for us (except we had to use paper napkins in the dining room the final night, don't know how we managed!!!!)

But not so great for the group scheduled for the next cruise, we took 2 of their days.

Archived