Resident Discount Question ??

Jimbo

I know only one person in the cabin has to be from the state that the discount is for, but can that person be 18 years old with valid driver license from that state to qualify for the discount? or does it have to be the older person in the cabin's residence?

Does it matter?

Jimbo:)

I was unaware that RCI gave resident discounts. We've been sailing with Disney the past three times because of the Florida resident discounts. Does RCI (or other lines) do the same thing? If so, where/how do your find them. Saving money and sailing more is good!

I'm really not sure if you have to be "old" enough to book the cabin on your own to get the discount or not. I would think not, if they have the proper Id they should get the discount.

ricka47, yes RCL gives resident discounts, as does Carnival & most of the other cruise lines. The discount isn't available on every saling though so you have to keep checking for it.

I was unaware that RCI gave resident discounts. We've been sailing with Disney the past three times because of the Florida resident discounts. Does RCI (or other lines) do the same thing? If so, where/how do your find them. Saving money and sailing more is good!

Rick, when you go to rccl.com and begin your reservation, you'll enter your state. If you are elgible for a resident discount, you'll see a disclaimer under any discounted category stating that you will need to show a valid ID when you board to be eligible for the rate shown. Those categories with the disclaimer have a resident rate.

Thanks Karen. Situation is this: two adults, two 18 yr olds....one adult and 18 yr old per cabin. One adult is from a state not eligible for resident discount. Does adult still get the resident rate? Will we encounter issues at check in?

Thanks in advance.

The discount doesn't always show on the RC site. I found one listed on travelocity for our upcoming June cruise that didn't show on RC. I called to confirm and then called TA. She got me credited the reisdency discount of $584 per cabin. I never would have know if I had not been looking on Travelocity to see how many cabins were left and if price had dropped.

Diz, I honestly don't know, the adult "should" but I've not had any experience in this situation. I'd tell you to call customer service but I know how that goes, call 3 times get 3 different answers. As long as the 18 year old has their valid ID I wouldn't think there would be any problem

Booked today, doesn't matter if it the oldest or youngest person in the cabin just as long as one person is from that state that Royal caribbean is offering the discount for.

Never saw this question asked before, did a search and came up empty.

Thanks to all that helped out.

Jimbo:)

Archived