insane price for voyager in Galveston

I have a reservation on Liberty for spring break 08. We have an O/S as we are taking 2 teenagers. For grins, I decided to price the Voyager for the same week since it will be in Galveston. The price for the Voyager O/S was $4600 HIGHER than my Liberty O/S! I thought it was a misprint but it's not. How could they price the Voyager that much higher than Liberty? I just booked the Liberty about a month ago and boy am I glad!:eek:

I can't speak to the OS, but I do know that nearly all of Texas is out for the same week for Spring Break and no one knows what will sail out of Galveston after the Voyager leaves later that Spring. That sailing has been selling like hotcakes.

D

Thanks. We are on the April 6, '08 cruise. We are paying about the same as we usually do for 7 day cruises out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Around $1000 pp for a balcony cabin. Sometimes on fall and early Dec. sailings we get prices for as little as $800. But that is due to the time of year. I expect to pay higher prices for spring cruises.

There is another thread started this morning about Voyager and Galveston.

I know I posted I was shocked that the price January 13th 07 is $749 for an inside guarantee. No way Im paying that for a take your chances guarantee. Its not even an expensive week usually.

Im in Texas and thinking it would be cheaper to drive or fly to Florida and go out of maybe Port Canaveral is what Im looking at next.

We booked Jan. 13 out of Galveston on the Voyager as soon as booking opened up and we paid $849 for an E2 balcony. Last I checked it over $1,100! We didn't even pay that much when we sailed on her when she was brand new! We always try to book as early as possible, and everytime the price has only gone way up after booking. I never have seen the price drops people talk about, but we almost always cruise in Jan. so that may be part of it.

The $4600 price difference for the same week of spring break vacation, the same room catagory and the fact that Voyager is older and the Liberty is brand new is what caught me by surprise. I told DH that it is cheaper by far to fly all of us to Florida, spend the night and take a cruise on a new ship that drive over to Galveston to sail Voyager. Being from San Antonio, I thought Voyager would be the cheaper cruise. It makes me feel like I got the Liberty for a bargain when I look at the numbers. DS is excited because he eally wants to try the flowrider :)

We have also been looking at the Voyager for a January 08 cruise. We also live in San Antonio. I was so excited about the prospect of the huge ship being in Galveston, but the prices have taken a jump. I should have booked several months ago. We are also considering a cruise on PCL out of Ft. Lauderdale, as you said, even with airfare it is cheaper

Archived