Galveston Cruise Parking

Alvinsr

We are sailing out of Galveston, I have found 2 parking lots, $50.00

to park for a week. The places are Lighthouse parking and EZ cruise Parking.

Has anyone parked here? Any info would be great.

just got off the conquest on sunday -met some people who used ez park and they weree quite happy ,good price ,secure parking and quick shuttle

there are also many hotel on the island that offer free parking for the week if you spend sat. night with them

check out www.galveston.com and check the hotels listing --we stayed at the super 8 on 61st street --incl tax total cost for a king room was $77.00 includes good breakfast and free parking for a week -its a $15 cab ride each way to the terminal and back -there are some closer hotels -just chek it out

I checked out parking at the hotel last year, but for our large party the cab fare would have eaten up the savings so we just parked at the dock.

There is Galveston information on the board in the Ports of Call section called US Gulf Coast Departures (or something)that you might want to check out.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn last August. It was brand new, reasonable, and had waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. What more could you want really?:)

IS IT BETTER TO DROP OFF YOUR FAMILY AND BAGS AT THE PORT AND THEN GO TO EZCRUISE, PARK AND WALK BACK, OR VICE VERSA.

ON THE EZCRUISE WEBSITE, IT SAYS THEY WILL SHUTTLE YOU AND YOUR BAGS

WHICH IS EASIER?

Beware of EZCruise! I made a reservation and prepaid for our cruise on 3/10. When we got there, there was a long line snaked down the street waiting to get in the parking lot. It seemed we all had a reservation and prepaid and there were no parking spaces. Instead of just telling us that, they kept giving us a song and dance about taking us to another lot. After about 45 minutes to an hour of only moving up two cars and then discovering that that the two cars that were let into the lot were only joining 30 other cars who were just forming another line (and then trapped into the lot) we decided to go port parking and pay the $65 (if I remember right) and argue the EZCruise charge on our visa when the bill comes. After getting on the Grand Princess, we recognized some of the other people that had also been in the EZCruise line and we asked about their experience. A few of them left the line as we did and a few stuck around for about another hour only to find out there was no "other" lot. EZCruise had to take them to port parking (where we parked) and they barely got on the ship in time. It's not worth the stress during a time that is supposed to relaxing and fun!

IS IT BETTER TO DROP OFF YOUR FAMILY AND BAGS AT THE PORT AND THEN GO TO EZCRUISE, PARK AND WALK BACK, OR VICE VERSA.

ON THE EZCRUISE WEBSITE, IT SAYS THEY WILL SHUTTLE YOU AND YOUR BAGS

WHICH IS EASIER?

After dealing with the shuttle twice, we opted to drop off others with the bags and walk from the lot. It's a short walk (maybe 5 minutes), and it was much faster that way for us.

Beware of EZCruise! I made a reservation and prepaid for our cruise on 3/10. When we got there, there was a long line snaked down the street waiting to get in the parking lot. It seemed we all had a reservation and prepaid and there were no parking spaces. Instead of just telling us that, they kept giving us a song and dance about taking us to another lot. After about 45 minutes to an hour of only moving up two cars and then discovering that that the two cars that were let into the lot were only joining 30 other cars who were just forming another line (and then trapped into the lot) we decided to go port parking and pay the $65 (if I remember right) and argue the EZCruise charge on our visa when the bill comes. After getting on the Grand Princess, we recognized some of the other people that had also been in the EZCruise line and we asked about their experience. A few of them left the line as we did and a few stuck around for about another hour only to find out there was no "other" lot. EZCruise had to take them to port parking (where we parked) and they barely got on the ship in time. It's not worth the stress during a time that is supposed to relaxing and fun!

Wow, that's not right!! I sure hope you're able to easily get your money back! I've always gotten to the lot by 10:30, so we've never had this problem, but I can't believe they let people park when they had all those reservations. Sorry to hear this happened to you!

I've parked at ezcruise for the last three years and it's gotten worse each time. I encountered the long line snaking around the block last year. They were only letting 2 or 3 cars in at a time for some reason. Thankfully I had already dropped off passengers and luggage at the terminal so I could walk back. The crowd waiting for the shuttle was huge. On return, we did self-debarkation and were out of the terminal early. We had to sit in the van for 40 minutes while they waited for more passengers to show up. They could have done 4 roundtrips to the lot in that time. I don't think I'll be returning for another try.

Did the port parking once and it was relatively painless and efficient but expensive.

Handicap parking?

At port of miami if you have a handicap placard you park free, so does port of galveston extend this too?

I will probably call them this week and find out, but just curious if anyone here knows from experience.

Be sure you have a reservation with EZ Cruise (though even that may not be enough as stated in a post above), or you may not get in. It's also cheaper if you reserve on-line. We didn't realize a reservation was needed and they had no room when we arrived about noon. (There was a big Dickens Festival going on in the area.) We ended up using the port parking, which was fine, and very convenient, but cost $70.

... At port of miami if you have a handicap placard you park free, so does port of galveston extend this too? ...

Per their website at http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml they mention free parking for those with a valid disabled Military ID or Service Connected Veterans card with picture ID. Also, travel & cruise agents with a valid IATA or CLIA card and a picture ID.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Yes, I have use both EZ and lighthouse, both for 5 day cruises on the Ecstasy.

EZ parking for the 5 day cruises puts you in the warehouse district with bad fences.

I used lighthouse in february and liked them much better.

Better buses

Nicer people

Parking lot on higher ground

Better fences.

Closer to terminal.

$5 off coupon if you book online or stop by a day early.

hope this helps

I will use lighthouse again.

Does anybody know when the best time is to get to EZ Cruise lot?:)

I am going on Princess April 21st. I plan to try and avoid the beach party weekend traffic by getting into Galveston as early as possible. How early will they let you in the parking lots??? Still trying to decide weather to go with EZ or Lighthouse.

Per their website at http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml they mention free parking for those with a valid disabled Military ID or Service Connected Veterans card with picture ID. Also' date=' travel & cruise agents with a valid IATA or CLIA card and a picture ID.

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

I have an IATAN card, and knew about that, but didnt want to say it on here... :D Being a meeting planner for a large travel company has some perks!

Miami, all you need is the handicap placard. I am in a cast until the end of the year and talked to my doc about getting a temp one and he said that for Houston they no longer give Temp disability parking for certain things, foot surgery/injury being one of them because there is too much abuse. Anyway that is another topic..

Archived