Silly Question About Blankets

cmyers

We are going on our first Alaskan Cruise and would like to know if they provide blankets on decks when cruising Glacier Bay? Silly question but sometimes a jacket is not enough on a cold lounge chair.

When we did our Alaska cruise on Princess, wool blankets were available on deck. You checked them out from an attendant, and when you returned the blanket it was noted on the list. In fact, we kept ours and took it down to our veranda to use there as well and returned it before disembarkation.

We are going on our first Alaskan Cruise and would like to know if they provide blankets on decks when cruising Glacier Bay? Silly question but sometimes a jacket is not enough on a cold lounge chair.
You see, not a silly question after all.:)

Nope, not silly at all. When you're right in the middle of an ice field, you can assume it will be cool. On our Glacier Bay experience it was cloudy with fairly high winds. The blanket came in very handy for DW who tends to chill much easier than I do.

Not a silly question and I must admit in all the years I have participated on this Board, I do not recall it ever being asked in the past.

They had beautiful red wood, plaid blankets available on our recent Maasdam Canada/New England cruise. They were piled on Promenade Deck, at aft pool and there were two in our suite when we arrived.

We didn't need them for the Canada/New England cruise either but it was nice to know they were available if we wanted them.

DH sat at the pool most afternoons.....no wool blankets needed. :)

Thanks for all your replys- this board is the greatest. I didn't want to pack our blanket throw if not needed. With all the heavier winter clothes the suitcase will packed to the hilt already. Again much thanks

Archived