sinking ship

wags111

Not scared, but feel bad for the passengers. On the video it looked like Santorini was right there, but that was deceiving. Over 700 Americans onboard and many Canadians. It said it was a young Captain and new to this assignment. There were warning lights all around the volcanic reef that was hit.

The events in Santorini did not make me nervous. Matter of fact - I went shopping today to buy more things for my cruise.

Now, I had to drop my vehicle off at the dealership this morning - that - made me nervous :eek:

It didn't make me hesitant to cruise. In fact, it reminded me that my trip to Greece was cancelled and maybe I should look into a family trip and cruise the isles rather than my originally planned couples only land trip! :)

I am not appalled the captain and others were charged though. It appears they violated some rule by trying to back off the reef before evacuating the guests/crew which is what caused the majority of the damage/risk. I did think it was strange that the list I saw had the head chef and head steward being charged as well...I couldn't figure that one out.

does the greek ship that sank make you nervous about cruising?

No. I would not book a Greek ship, because this is the second one, that I know about. When is the last time a Carnival, RCI or Norwegian ship sank.

Does every car accident make you afraid to drive? Does every plane accident make you afraid to fly? Does every shark attack make you afraid to swim? Do you avoid big cities because of the crime? Does every food poisoning story make you afraid to eat?

Just because something bad happens does not mean the entire industry is unsafe. If you worry about every news story, you would never get out of bed. Do you know how many people die in bed?

does the greek ship that sank make you nervous about cruising?

Nah, I was on the NCL Dawn when it got hit with a 70ft rogue wave, deck below ours got flooded, and I can't wait to cruise again in 11 days!!

No. I would not book a Greek ship, because this is the second one, that I know about. When is the last time a Carnival, RCI or Norwegian ship sank.

Does every car accident make you afraid to drive? Does every plane accident make you afraid to fly? Does every shark attack make you afraid to swim? Do you avoid big cities because of the crime? Does every food poisoning story make you afraid to eat?

Just because something bad happens does not mean the entire industry is unsafe. If you worry about every news story, you would never get out of bed. Do you know how many people die in bed?

Dont remember a major cruise line ship sinking, but I seem to recall a Carnival ship being evacuated due to a fire or something a few years back. Again, though, it was safely evacuated, no one was hurt, etc. So, why worry?

And, by the way, I hop out of bed quickly as soon as I wake up, for just that reason - nearly everyone I know, who is dead now, was in bed when it happened.

Thank goodness we don't have basements in Florida. We were on the Norway when the boiler blew up. Didn't stop us, that was 5 or 6 cruises ago. We got to go to muster stations for real.

That's why it's important to have the muster drill, outside, where the lifeboats are, not in the theatre or lounge. Be prepared to expect that the ship may be listing to one side, and the lifeboats will not be lowered straight. You may have to climb down the ladders. When we go to bed, we leave a set of clothes out in the open next to our shoes so we can evacate quickly and we each have a flashlight on the night stand.

Take some time and walk around the outside promenade deck. See where the ladders and the other rafts are located just in case.

No what happened in Greece was a rare thing.

I like so many others, I am afraid of flying, so my anxiety starts when I get on the plane and does not stop until we land. My DH laughs because I am always trying to help stop the plane when we are landing my feet are hitting the brakes as hard as I can.

"Dont remember a major cruise line ship sinking"

White Star Lines had this ship called the Titanic.... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Doesn't scare me a bit though.

I do hope it makes all those people who brag about skipping the lifeboat drill think a little harder about attending the next one.

I like so many others, I am afraid of flying, so my anxiety starts when I get on the plane and does not stop until we land. My DH laughs because I am always trying to help stop the plane when we are landing my feet are hitting the brakes as hard as I can.

I do the same thing, perhaps we should sit next to each other so when both of us push our feet out, it will help slow down the plane a little

faster;)

I hate landings:(

I do the same thing, perhaps we should sit next to each other so when both of us push our feet out, it will help slow down the plane a little

faster;)

I hate landings:(

this is what happens when brakes go bad on landing! lol :D

so you better push harder! lol :D

anyone flying Southwest? :D

plenty more where this came from lol..............

900883618_UnleadedPlease!.jpg.7cfc0d505b82d9c3012324b74d4b5dc0.jpg

Dont remember a major cruise line ship sinking, but I seem to recall a Carnival ship being evacuated due to a fire or something a few years back. Again, though, it was safely evacuated, no one was hurt, etc. So, why worry?

And, by the way, I hop out of bed quickly as soon as I wake up, for just that reason - nearly everyone I know, who is dead now, was in bed when it happened.

A Greek cruise ship sank off the African coast. I have seen it on the Discovery Channel a couple of times. The ship officers acted shamelessly. I don't recall the name of the ship or the date.

Archived