sinking ship

wags111

captain. it makes me a tiny bit nervous. can you ease my mind?

What exactly do you feel nervous about? Do you feel nervous every time you step into a car or a plane? I'd much rather be involved with a cruise ship accident then a plane accident any day. That ship took like 14 hours to sink. Did you see how many boats, ships, and helicopters were able to respond to the emergency?

Yes. It makes me very nervous. I'm wondering if I should take a vacation that is less likely to sink. But whose to say it's less likely to be hit by a tornado, experience an earthquake, or be victim to a random shooting, so I'm not canceling yet.

But seeing as how I think I suffer from a minor version of post traumatic stress disorder, so does flying, occasionally driving, and quite honestly-- living.

captain. it makes me a tiny bit nervous. can you ease my mind?

all my kidding aside, wags, ships are what I would consider the safest mode of tranportation, safer than walking or cycling........When was the last time you heard that a ship ran over someone? ;) ;) ;)

A good example is like when you are leaving home for work, you cannot wait until all the lights are green, you'll never leave and more importantly, you'll never make it to work.

So, courage...........nuttin to fear about ships, keep in mind Captain speaks from firsthand experience :D :p

Happy cruising everyone

I look at it this way:

If the ship begins to sink I will have some time to grab life preserver and get to life boat/raft. If all else fails, I will put those swimming lessons to good use and will still have some chance.

If the just/plane I am on begins to fall out of the sky at 32 feet per second squared, I am SOL because I never learned how to fly.....:D

I feel very badly that these passengers had to go through this and hearing that the officers were charged with negligence is appalling but NO!! it does not make me more apprehensive about sailing. I feel very safe aboard a ship.

Maryjo

No...but it made me curious about events at sea...and I ran across

story while surfing around. I really didn't need to see that. All I can say is WOW. I am not nervous about getting on our ship, but I have to admit, my mind went to that "what if" place:o . I know, I know...but still, lol

Archived