Private Guide in Dubai?

jeno

Has anyone used a private guide in Dubai? We will be there as part of our cruise on Queen Victoria in 2008. We will be there from 6AM to 7PM on a Monday. We would like to make the best of our time there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeanne

• 1 month later...

Have a look at arabian-adventures.com, they offer a range of day tours and 'adventures'. Try taking a taxi to the Burj al Arab and pre book on the web for afternoon tea. We 'bumped into' Michael Jackson there!

I was in Dubai a couple of months ago and our ship had an overnight there. If you want to mostly see the city I don't think that a guide is necessary. I would just do some research ahead of time (as we did) and see the city on your own. It is a very western city.

Keith

• 7 months later...

Last year we used Barti Rajan who is a certified tour guide with 8 years experience. His half day tours are 4 or 5 hours long and include a Dubai City Tour, Dubai Shopping Tour, Modern Dubai Tour, Dubai cultural tour. Sharjah/Ajman Tour. He charges Euro 150 for a half day and any two tours can also be combined to a Full day tour which is from 8 hours to 9 hours and charges Euro 250. His email is baree@hotmail.com.

Taxis are very cheap and the taxi drivers almost all speak English - they are often Pakistani.

You could engage one of them for the day and see the highlights, which I guess are the Burj al Arab (you must pre-book to get in), the Kempinski shopping mall (the one with the ski-slope), the gold souk and the creek at Deira.

The email for the Maitre d' at the Burj is: deepak.batra@jumeirah.com

We used Arabian Adventures and found them to be reasonably priced and reliable. I booked it all online and they picked us up from our hotel no problems. On the Dubai City Tour there was just us and the driver. He spoke perfect english and was very knowledgable

Taxis are very cheap and the taxi drivers almost all speak English - they are often Pakistani.

You could engage one of them for the day and see the highlights, which I guess are the Burj al Arab (you must pre-book to get in), the Kempinski shopping mall (the one with the ski-slope), the gold souk and the creek at Deira.

The email for the Maitre d' at the Burj is: deepak.batra@jumeirah.com

Archived