What documentation for age is required for Camp

Salene

I read somewhere on a few different posts about the age restrictions for Camp Carnival. I was wondering how they know the childrens ages? Do they go by the age at booking or should I bring something? I read that they are very strict in this.:)

They go by the age at booking . After all you need a BC or a passport for the kids to get on the boat, so they do know your childs age

Don't they go by the age of the child on the day of embarcation, not on the day of booking the cruise?

Don't they go by the age of the child on the day of embarcation, not on the day of booking the cruise?

Yes, that is correct :D

But yes, they do get the age from the booking info...which is verified when you check in by your documents.

I do know that they are pretty strict on the age requirements. With that being said, my son will be 11 on our cruise this summer. He would be in the 9 - 11 age group. He was in that group last summer, and was quite bored at times with their activities. I'm hoping he'll be able to be in the 12 -14 group, as this group does activites that he would actually want to do. Has anyone been able to move their child up a group if they are close in age? Thanks for any insight! : )

p.s. we'll be on the Liberty, if that at all makes any difference : )

I do know that they are pretty strict on the age requirements. With that being said, my son will be 11 on our cruise this summer. He would be in the 9 - 11 age group. He was in that group last summer, and was quite bored at times with their activities. I'm hoping he'll be able to be in the 12 -14 group, as this group does activites that he would actually want to do. Has anyone been able to move their child up a group if they are close in age? Thanks for any insight! : )

From everything I have read on here, they will allow kids to move DOWN an age group, but not up... I would especially think they would be strict about moving up to the teen age groups... it depends on the counselor, but I've heard here that even kids that TURN the age on the cruise have been denied.

Goin' Cruisin is correct. they go by the age at embarkation -- remember, some people book their cruises a year or more out. going by age at time of booking wld defeat the purpose of having age appropriate activities for your child.

all guests are listed on ships manifest. whether they get as detailed as to include DOB, i don't know. but CC can find out, if they aren't already armed w/ the info. at registration (first night), you will complete the forms and put your child's age. don't lie. if they are w/in 3 mos of their bday i have heard they can be more lenient, but again as GC said, they are more apt to move down instead of up.

Thanks for all of your replies. I knew that they would move down, but it is hard to move up. I was hoping that maybe someone could tell me that they were able to move up. :( It never hurts to try though.....thanks again. : )

I've seen one or two postings about kids moving up if the group was not crowded and the staff decide it's OK. I remember in one case it was provisional - the staff observed the child in the group but said they would move back if their jutdgement required it.

Ask nicely... if there's room and if you see that he gets along.. could you try it out for one day... etc.

I've seen one or two postings about kids moving up if the group was not crowded and the staff decide it's OK. I remember in one case it was provisional - the staff observed the child in the group but said they would move back if their jutdgement required it.

Ask nicely... if there's room and if you see that he gets along.. could you try it out for one day... etc.

good point, bill. that is true. on some sailings (like our pres week) there were so many kids in CC that they cldn't allow any requests (i heard them say it). but on other sailings they have.

good point, bill. that is true. on some sailings (like our pres week) there were so many kids in CC that they cldn't allow any requests (i heard them say it). but on other sailings they have.

In most cases, IF they make a change it would be to accomodate siblings, cousins, etc. I sincerly doubt they would make a change just because the child didn't like the program.

Your son is better off in the 9-11 age group-- at least you know that activites are planned. Most of the activities for the 12-14 dont go through because the kids dont show up. most 13 year olds are too cool for a program like carnival..lol youwill see them hanging out most days.

In Summer time camps are full to the gills. it will be very rare that they will allow kids to go up to the older age group.. for their own safety.

If a counselor sees that a kid is bored they will offer to move them up=-= but kids have already formed their clicks.

Have your son go to the teen meeting the first night and meet kids that he can just hang out with instead.

I was hoping my son could move up,he is 5 and he will turn 6 two days after we board. Oh well,he will be fine in the 2-5 group. I know that the 6-9 group has playstation and he like to play that but,on the other hand he wouldn't have to much in common with a 9 year old anyway:cool:

Thanks for all of your replies. I knew that they would move down, but it is hard to move up. I was hoping that maybe someone could tell me that they were able to move up. :( It never hurts to try though.....thanks again. : )

This is only my experience:

on the Christmas sailing my niece was 5 years, 11 months and 1 week old. She turned six in January. Her mom asked if she could be in the 6 to 8 group with her brother and cousin. The counselor said she would try and if Tayler could follow the rules and participate well with the older kids, she could stay.

Well she behaved just as well if not better than her older brother:rolleyes: and was allowed to join the older group.

I was hoping my son could move up,he is 5 and he will turn 6 two days after we board. Oh well,he will be fine in the 2-5 group. I know that the 6-9 group has playstation and he like to play that but,on the other hand he wouldn't have to much in common with a 9 year old anyway:cool:

THIS is a different story. All cruiselines says that the child is the age they are on embarkation. BUT, we cruise during my children's birthdays. I have experience with this one. If the child is turning a new age ON the cruise and it is as yours is, from 5 to 6, then they *may* let him move up. I was told that my daughter could go to the younger aged class first, then she had the option of moving up. She chose to stay where she was.

This may not be the case if the older class is full of kids.

Now, I am not saying this will work for someone who has a 1 year old turning 2 on the ship....that child will still probably be denied.

And that's the case with my now 2 year old. She is turning 3 on the 27th, so I book RCCL Freedom of the Seas for the 29th because I knew they would be strict and not allow her in the kids club.

And that's the case with my now 2 year old. She is turning 3 on the 27th, so I book RCCL Freedom of the Seas for the 29th because I knew they would be strict and not allow her in the kids club.

Carnival takes kids at age 2 and changes diapers-- which I think is nice.

Archived