Serenade JS ???

moakes

We are currently holding JS 1084 on the Serenade. I'm concerned about being under the Windjammer and the potential for noise. Is it better to move to a JS under the pool area or stay where we are?

We are currently holding JS 1084 on the Serenade. I'm concerned about being under the Windjammer and the potential for noise. Is it better to move to a JS under the pool area or stay where we are?

Sometimes you will hear the "trolley carts" in the Windjammer from above. Far more a curiousity than a nuisance.

On the other hand if you are under the pool area you will hear the rearranging of the lounge chairs being dragged around.

Pick your poison.:cool:

No matter how you cut it, it is a JS so it is still very nice!:)

I guess you're right.... This is our first time on a Radiance class; we have sailed Voyager, Vision, Sovereign, and are looking forward to trying it.

I see you've been on the Serenade in the past (and looks to be future as well)...

Did you sail Serenade on the Southern Carribbean or Alaska? If S. Carib out of San Juan, how early are you able to board for the 10pm departure?

Thanks

Barring any glitches with immigration, customs, or Norovirus cleaning (happened on our Nov. So. Carib. cruise), you will be able to board around 11:30 am give or take a few minutes. I would get to the pier around 11am. Even with our delay for the Norovirus cleaning, we boarded around 1:30 pm. This was the only boarding delay we have experienced in over a dozen cruises. You have paid for that first day, so get on ASAP and enjoy the ship!

We've been in JS's a few times on deck 10, under the pool deck AND the Windjammer. I don't recall hearing anything. Deck 10 is prime real estate, it's not likely RCI would allow noise to be a problem with the design.

We had 1082 on the Jewel 3 weeks ago...........can honestly say we really heard no noise from the Windjammer..........there was an occasional trolly cart you could hear rolled but it really wasn't too bad.

Hope that helps some.

We just stayed in room 1548 (10th deck) JS - Serenade. One night there was a problem with the pool, and the banging of pipes was unbelievably loud. We called down to guest relations - and they stopped. (It was 11pm) Other than that one incident - it was fine.

We were in 1592 Feb 24 out of San Juan. Arrived at the port shortly after the plane landed at about 12:45, got our cards and walked on the ship. The room was ready and there was practically no one coming on at the same time.

There was a great deal of noise overhead, the first night was the worst. After the first night we had such a good time that we slept with no problems from then on. I would book the same cabin again in a heartbeat if that helps you to decide. It is an absolutely beautiful ship and the crew was just incredible.

have a wonderful cruise....I am sooooo envious!

Dee

Archived