What kind of Pizza on RCI??

When I sailed on Carnival, they served the most delicious pizza!! My favorite was the Goat cheese. (I know alot of you are saying yuck!:eek: ) They made alot of specialty pizzas according to what you asked for. What kind of pizza do they serve on RCI? Thanks:p

It's thin crust. They tend to have interesting toppings like artichoke, tunafish, kernel corn. I don't like pizza as a rule, but I liked the pizza in the Solarium, it's not greasy, overly cheesy or tomato-y.

Carnival had more American style pizza on the cruise I was on, I don't how that would hold up to Royal's. Tho if you like goat cheese, that's a plus in your favor. :)

Never sailed Carnival - and don't plan to even if the pizza is good.

RCL's pizza is ok - not awful but not something you look forward to.

Princess has good Pizza - they have varieties, make them from scratch and bake them in actual pizza ovens poolside. Not NY but pretty good.

When I sailed on Carnival, they served the most delicious pizza!! My favorite was the Goat cheese. (I know alot of you are saying yuck!:eek: ) They made alot of specialty pizzas according to what you asked for. What kind of pizza do they serve on RCI? Thanks:p

Oh wow, I'm looking forward to that one. I love goat cheese. RCI's pizza tends to vary a little from ship to ship with none of it being as good as the one Carnival ship I was on. The selection is limited, usually there's a pizza of the day in addition to the cheese or pepperoni that they have, and it's best when hot.

Unlike Carnival's 24 hour a day availability - you better get it on RCI while you can. The 2 ships I was on recently did have it until 2 am - supposedly.

Do you know? Does Carnival still serve calzones?

Carnival has good pizza IF it is fresh. I have had tried at times to get pizza and it had been sitting far too long and was not good. On my last cruise on the Jewel, I ordered pizza through room service and it was the small personal size pizza. Very hot and fresh. Good and the crust did not taste like cardboard at all. I think that it varies from ship to ship.

Now I want to try out the new Compass Deli on the Majesty. The menu looked great and I hope that RCI decides to expand this fleet wide.

Menu from Compass Deli on Majesty. This was posted on another site by a TA that recently was on the ship.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2347116590048908256YxmXlu

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2113260500048908256PixlCm

Carnival has good pizza IF it is fresh. I have had tried at times to get pizza and it had been sitting far too long and was not good. . . .

The secret to freshness, if you are willing to wait, is to order a Calzone. Always piping hot.

Well there's a couple of ways they have it. On the Serenade in the windjammer during the day it's just okay and medium thinkness blandish pizza, but at night in the windjammer they had a make your own pizza bar. The had a pre-made crust and you put everything else on and they bake it for ya - that was fun:D .

OR...we really enjoyed ordering pizza and beer from room service and they recently changed their flavors. They have a bunch - they used to have pizza margharita (sp?) but replaced it with a yummy spinach and feta/ricotta/mozzarella. My fiance would order a pepperoni and he said it was very good. When you get it from room service it's a deep dish style personal sized pizza which is much better than the kind in the WJ during the day. :D

Laura

The pizza in the Seaview cafe on the Brilliance is absolutely yummy(deep dish, made to order) The pizza anywhere else on the ships including Carnival is just plain awful. Those who say Carnival has fantastic pizza make me cringe, if you want good pizza come to New York or Chicago and see how pizza is supposed to taste and then you will never eat the cardboard they serve on there again.

Wow, from the sound of it, it looks like I won't be trying too many pizzas on RCI. I loved how carnival always made my goat cheese fresh to order, with whatever else you asked for on top. I always had to wait a few minutes but it was worth getting a fresh pizza, and then having the ceasar salad while waiting. My son always orders the calzones on carnival and says they are soooooo good! I will try room service pizza on RCI and see how that fares since it sounded the most appetizing! Thanks everyone!:)

I would say that the pizza on RCI ranks as pretty bad. It is amazing how pretty bad pizza tastes pretty good at 2AM when you need a little snack!

LMAO I was thinking the same thing. Nothing beats a bad piece of pizza for a drunken midnight snack!

Archived