Silvermoon II

FundyGirl

I would highly recommend this catamaran excursion in Barbados. The crew was extremely professional, friendly and lots of fun. The food was excellent. Barbecued chicken, flying fish, pasta salad, rice and tossed salad, followed by homemade banana bread. The drinks flowed freely. Soda, water, rum punch, vodka, gin, wine, pina coladas but not with a "party boat" atmosphere. Great excursion for adults and children. The snorkeling was good with two different stops where we swam with the sea turtles.

Definitely one of the best run excursions we have ever taken.

Hi Fundy, just adding to your comments...

For those who wonder, the Silvermoon I is also great, smaller in size. the crew were delightful!! hey, they even played good music which was a bonus!! Same delicious menu as Silvermoon II, and you were never thirsty, plenty of fruit juice too. One person on our excursion noted that she normally does not care for pasta salad or fish but tried both and stated that this was the best she had ever had!!

Part of the fun for some of us was sitting on the netting in the front (pardon my lack of boating lingo :o ) while waves crashed up through, what a blast!, hanging on for dear life sometimes, it was just as exciting as an amusement park ride. 2 young children with us loved it!! they were fearless and had a blast!! They were thrilled when schools of flying fish swooped up nearby.

We did Silver Moon I on our recent stop in Barbados and had a great day. Ben and his assistant were great and served us a wonderful lunch. We saw some turtles up close and then on to the reef for some fish. With only 12 people on a 44 foot cat, you never felt crowded and I would agree with meadowvalers that the journey back on the netting was a real blast. I would recommend Silver Moon wholeheartedly to anyone who likes day sails. They treated us very well.

Phil

I would highly recommend this catamaran excursion in Barbados. The crew was extremely professional, friendly and lots of fun. The food was excellent. Barbecued chicken, flying fish, pasta salad, rice and tossed salad, followed by homemade banana bread. The drinks flowed freely. Soda, water, rum punch, vodka, gin, wine, pina coladas but not with a "party boat" atmosphere. Great excursion for adults and children. The snorkeling was good with two different stops where we swam with the sea turtles.

Definitely one of the best run excursions we have ever taken.

Could I ask how many people were on Silvermoon II for your day. We have this excursion booked in June and we are so excited.

Fundygirl, how far in advance did you book the SMII. Right now we have about 8 people who are intrested, but as the rollcall grows, I am sure we will have over 12 and will use SMII.

I think I read somewhere that there were about 25 people on the II.

Thanks is advance:)

Archived