Torpedo?

Not being familiar with nautical terms (and I'm assuming that this is not referring to an actual torpedo, but who knows?), what would torpedo mean on the Explorer of the Seas? More specifically, our stateroom (#8668--pictures anyone :o) is listed as being in section "Torpedo Aft Port". I know what aft and port are, but torpedo? Can't wait to hear what that signifies!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Where are you seeing this reference? Website? Brochure? I have never seen this mentioned before.

Hi, Sue!

It's directly from the Royal Caribbean website. From the "My Cruises" account I clicked on the link on the right side of the screen that says "Your Stateroom". In the pop-up I clicked on the "Layout" tab. The section where our room is located is highlighted, and when you put the cursor over the highlight it reads "torpedo_aft_port".

Hi, Sue!

It's directly from the Royal Caribbean website. From the "My Cruises" account I clicked on the link on the right side of the screen that says "Your Stateroom". In the pop-up I clicked on the "Layout" tab. The section where our room is located is highlighted, and when you put the cursor over the highlight it reads "torpedo_aft_port".

Hmmmm...sounds like they're not telling us something!:eek:

Trying to get into RCCL site but it is not letting me, I guess they are doing the weekend maintenance thing. I want to try this for my room and see what it says.

Okay, that makes me feel better. I was trying to check this too and the RCCL website says I don't have any reservations currently and I was freaking out!!! Will check on my cabin in the AM. :)

Okay, that makes me feel better. I was trying to check this too and the RCCL website says I don't have any reservations currently and I was freaking out!!! Will check on my cabin in the AM. :)

Trying to get into RCCL site but it is not letting me, I guess they are doing the weekend maintenance thing. I want to try this for my room and see what it says.

Let's hope that it's weekend maintenance and has nothing to do with the mysterious torpedo!:D

All three of mine disappeared but I have been through this before,so THIS time I didn't freak. :eek:

Hey, Java,

What you're referring to is the name that the RCCL web developer named the picture you are looking at. The "torpedo" is the name of the picture with the blue shaded area around where your cabin is located on the ship. If all you are seeing is Torpedo_Aft_Port and not the picture, it means that the website is not displaying the picture correctly and you are viewing the name of the picture instead of the actual picture. Mine reads, "Torpedo_Midsection_Port" for my cabin.

Not sure if that made sense but I can't show you with pictures :rolleyes: .

I was going to say the same thing as KateO after I finally got to see it. I think the torpedo is based on the shape of the deck layout portion, if it had been square you would probably have seen square_port_aft LOL:D

Archived