Signature fragrance

Some folks sneeze. Some folks get a sinus headach. Some folks eyes run. And some have an asthma attack. My sister can get a migraine headach from strong perfume.

I dont have asthma but fall into the other categories. I have done all of them when around strong perfumes or colognes. Especially in an enclosed area.. like an elevator.. whew.

I'll try that. Thanks so much! I figured you or Jane one (or both!) would help me out!

I like some of the Jo Malone fragrances. I owned one once but can't remember which one. I also like some of the Annick Goutal scents, like L'eau d'Hadrien. She used to have one called Pamplemousse (grapefruit) which I loved in the summer but it's no longer available.

I'm a big fan of Angel and it's the one I wear most. It's vanilla, chocolate caramel and a hint of patchoulli. When I was a teenager I wore straight patchouli oil which many people don't like, but I really love.

I'm not one to experiment with scents and don't like having too many at one time in the house because they go bad. My husband says he could always find me in the dark because I wear so few perfumes and loves all of them.

For a light, crisp summer scent I love the Kenzo fragrances.

Scents are really personal and smell different on different people. You really have to try them on yourself and see if you like them as well as how others react to them. I wore YSL's Rive Gauche before I got married and found that it drove my dates wild and so never wore it on the first dates!

I used to love fragrance. I had many different kinds because my

mom worked at a perfume shop in San Francisco and at Marshall Fields

in Chicago. Back then my only fragrance problem was deciding which

one to wear. Then after my second child I couldn't tolerate fragrance,

I'd get migraines. I don't know if it was a change in my body or if a

change in the way fragrance was made in the mid-ninties, but it

makes me sick. Almost everything I use is unscented, with the

exception of Tide and Bounce Outdoor Fresh dryer sheets. No

scented anything.

I miss wearing perfume.:(

Yesterday, I was shopping in a furniture store and the sales associate

wearing Clinique Aromatics. She was practically chasing me through

the store because I kept backing away from her perfume and she kept

stepping closer trying to talk to me.:D

I'm pretty picky about perfume because many scents almost take my breath. My DH doesn't try a new cologne unless it passes my being able to breath test:p I particularly like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, it's very fresh and is very nice for summertime. I also like Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom. My old standby is L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci, my mother used to wear it and I love it and it doesn't choke me. The other one that I wear is Castile from Penhaligons; they actually consider it a men's scent, but my DH loves it on me; he doesn't think it smells masculine at all. It's a clean, soapy type scent.

I alway's wear Opium by YSL. I have worn it for over 30 year's I got it from friend who brought back for me on her trip to Paris and I had to wait forever for it to come to the US because they were having a hard time getting the product through customs because of the name. I love it and it truly has become my signature scent. Whenever someone I know says that they smell it on someone else they tell me that they think that it is wrong because it is my scent. And on the chance occasion that I wear something else everyone says that I smell wrong.

But not all women's perfume bothers me. I really like an old-fashioned one, Yardley's English Lavender. When I was much younger i could tolerate the wonderful "arpage" and "My Sin" both by Lanvin. Neither is made anymore.

Check the Vermont Country Store (http://www.vermontcountrystore.com) -- they sell both Arpege and English Lavender. I have seen My Sin available online somewhere too, but I don't remember where.

I wore YSL's Rive Gauche before I got married and found that it drove my dates wild and so never wore it on the first dates!

Bergdorf's is sending me samples! Thanks for the tip, Blue Herons!

So, Jane, exactly what number date DID you whip out the Rive Gauche!!!???!!!

I am a Red Door girl-I have had all the others, used them at various times but keep coming back to the Red Door-DH and kids say it is "my" scent:rolleyes:

In the summer, when I'd like a lighter scent I have discovered the Elemis moisture melt Plumeria oil they sell at the spas on board and I love it! Just a dab as you would with any perfume and it lasts all day, reminds me of far away paradise!:)

I too love Opium fragrance, but only after the first hour. After an hour the stronger tones have mellowed, and a very soft, very nice scent remains that seems to work well with my body chemisty. On the other-hand, my mom doesn't care to wear it at all.

For summer, my favorite fun and inexpensive fragrance is Love Spell from Victoria's Secret. My DH likes it... reminds him of 'watermelon'. It doesn't smell like watermelon at all really, thought it is very sweet at first. But I'll use the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and occasionally just a quick spritz of cologne.

I don't like to wear a scent that lingers. I only want to leave a vague sense that I smell 'nice' if someone is near me, and certainly don't want it noticed from even a few feet.

Both of the above do that for me.

Finally, a scent that both of us like! My husband does not like many scents. I discovered that Calvin Klein's Euphoria agrees with my body chemistry. I hate it when I spend a lot of money at the store and then by the time I get home it the scent is completely different.

I've never gotten so many compliments before. Everytime somebody gives me a hug; they want to know what I'm wearing. It's a light oriental scent. I bought my husband the men's Euphoria, and he actually uses it!

Blue Herons:

I ditto your love of Jo Malone! Also "found" her at BG years ago.

My favorite of hers is Vetyver and I think it has more than ONE note!!?!! At first, there's a very, heady, moody, spicy TOP note that really grabs me and I love. Then it moves a short time after to a lovely, lingering floral BOTTOM note?

I have never felt any of her fragrances were single note......Maybe my imagination?

Anyway......her fragrances are the best and I love them. Nice to meet another "lover" of Jo Malone.

Martha

Good Luck in finding your signature fragrance :)

Right now I would say MY signature fragrance is Angel Innocent. Love it.

I was an Oscar de la Renta girl prior to this.

One of my favorites from high school is back, Love's Baby Soft.

I remember Love's baby soft, and Old English Lavander. They still bring back not so fond memories (hated high school). I now switch between Shi by Alfred Sung, and Black by Kenneth Cole. Love both of them. I also wear Red Door once in a while, and get many compliments from that one.

My "clean" signature perfumes are: Aromatics Elixir by Clinique (I have had all manner of people tell me how good I smell, from old to young. This is the scent that I wear daily.), Design by Paul Sebastian (another clean smelling perfume), Glow by J. Lo (I was surprised by this one), and Amazing Grace from Sephora (yet another clean scent).

My "clean" signature perfumes are: Aromatics Elixir by Clinique (I have had all manner of people tell me how good I smell, from old to young. This is the scent that I wear daily.), Design by Paul Sebastian (another clean smelling perfume), Glow by J. Lo (I was surprised by this one), and Amazing Grace from Sephora (yet another clean scent).

LOL! I was surprised by Glow as well. My fiance bought it for me as a gift and I was really hesitant to wear it. It's now in my perfume staples! :)

I'm more into clean, everyday-type fragrances. I don't like to be a walking perfume bomb! :) I use Victoria's Secret Desire and everything VS Love Spell (lotion, body spray, etc..) I want to try CK Euphoria.

Timsbabe-----I'm with you. I wear only Green Tea, Eliz Arden, or White Tea which is by Healing Gardens. A while back, there was one by Jean Nate` green tea with peony. I loved that one but it was short lived. I'm very sensitive to most of them and this one kind of clears my head, if you know what I mean. A bit energizing. I once almost left a job because a woman didn't realize just how much she was perfuming herself each day. Our supervisor actually had to speak to her about it. And that was not a pretty conversation.

I have several scents that I wear on a rotating basis...

Pure Poison by Dior

Clinque Happy, Happier and Happy to Be (I have all three as I couldn't decide) :rolleyes:

Vera Wang

Contradiction

Wings

Also, I wear two lotions that have yummy scents as well...

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea body cream

Emperor of Ice Cream body butter from Lush

It all depends on my mood. I guess I am a smelly juice addict :)

heyitsmejudy,

I've been wearing Tova Signature for a few years now so it's become my signature. I was skeptical about buying a fragrance being sold on TV without having tried it first but took the risk. I just love the scent. When people come in my office they always comment, "it smells so nice in here, what perfume do you have on?". As TootyJane said earlier, strangers come up to you asking about your perfume. Strong sweet flowery perfumes give me a headache, but Tova Signature is clean and not overpowering. There are so many frangrances on the market it's hard to choose. I guess the best gauge is to listen to children--if they say "you smell good" instead of "it stinks in here" then you know you are on the right track.

~~Maun

Blue Herons:

I ditto your love of Jo Malone! Also "found" her at BG years ago.

My favorite of hers is Vetyver and I think it has more than ONE note!!?!! At first, there's a very, heady, moody, spicy TOP note that really grabs me and I love. Then it moves a short time after to a lovely, lingering floral BOTTOM note?

Martha

Maybe they just smell that way on me? When I wear Orange Blossum that is what it smells like, not orange blossom with vanilla and musk. I like that her scents aren't so 'busy'. They just smell fresh and clean to me.

Archived