Signature fragrance

I know there've been threads on perfume before, in fact, I started one! But last night I was watching QVC and the host and Tova Borgnine (sp?) about had me talked into trying Tova Signature. Has anyone tried this?

Perhaps I'm growing up (ick) but I want a new "fresh" fragrance. Nothing overpowering, nothing EVERYONE else wears, that smells clean, not musky... I know perfumes smell differerent on everyone, but can someone suggest something?

I've run the gamut from Cinnabar (which I now think smells too overpowering on me) and Chanel (which is almost too "sweet" smelling on me).

What are you folks wearing that sounds like what I'm ATTEMPTING to describe?

I find that if I wear body lotion in my favorite fragrance, it smells lighter than using perfume. I've been dying to try "Clean"...a fragrance that is supposed to smell clean like soap and water. I really don't wear fragrance that much anymore because I figure with the smell of my soap and my hair conditioner (which my husband LOVES) that any more fragrance would be too overpowering. If someone has tried CLEAN, please post your comments. :)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=5673

My perfumes are aging in bottles on top of the dresses - and in fact I should probably throw them out as I rarely ever wear them anymore, and they supposedly don't retain their original fragrance that long anyway.

I really only use lotions now...so any scent I have will come from those, and I use all kinds - White Cherry Blossom and Moonlight Path from Bath & Body Works are 2 that come to mind. I also love the "foodie" scents...Jaqua's Buttercream Frosting is absolutely delightful. And lotions provide a much lighter scent that perfumes, so they are much more compatible with the office (where we have so many people with allergies).

I tried this at Sephora the other day and liked it - fresh and a little citrusy, but not overpowering:

Sugar Lemon

Fresh first launched their SugarBath line in 1997 and for the first time, introduced sugar as an essential ingredient in skin and body treatments. The captivating and irresistible scent of sugar, infused with refreshing lemon is now a delectable scent that's sure to become a new favorite for every woman who wears it.

Notes:

Italian Bergamot, Yuzu, Mandarin, Lychee Flower, Orange Blossom, Ginger Flower, Oak Moss, Caramel, White Santal.

Style:

Sparkling. Fresh. Addictive.

Also, sometimes I use my husband's Vera Wang for Men. It's a little heavier, but smells great with a light touch, and I guarantee you, most other women won't be wearing it.

I know there've been threads on perfume before, in fact, I started one! But last night I was watching QVC and the host and Tova Borgnine (sp?) about had me talked into trying Tova Signature. Has anyone tried this? ....

I wear Tova Signature and Tova Nights and love them both!! My favorite perfume by Tova is Nirvana which QVC doesn't have at the moment. I tried the Mind, Body & Spirit but didn't like it. What Tova says is true. When I wear Tova Signature or Tova Nights I actually get stopped by men who ask me what I'm wearing. This never happened when I wore any other fragrance. HTH

Lisa :)

I've read several threads here on perfumes recently and I'm curious. It seems like as a society we are moving away from heavier/stronger scents and toward lighter scents.

Any idea why this is?

And I also hear so many people complain of "allergies" to scents. How can there be such a dramatic increase in the number of people allergic to perfume? Especially since most perfumes have very different formulations, can you really be "allergic" to perfume in general? Or is it just a dislike or strong negative reaction?

Just curious what other people think. CK Obsession has been an on-again/off-again favorite of mine for years, but now I'm almost afraid to wear it for fear of offending someone, as it is a pretty strong scent.

And I also hear so many people complain of "allergies" to scents. How can there be such a dramatic increase in the number of people allergic to perfume?

The same way there is a increase in the number of people with peanut allergies? It's a wonder ANY of us lived through our childhoods!

turned me on to "AGATHA"..from Aruba, only..hubby and I got our new fragrances in January..$120 for both..50ml each..saving $20 on a buy 2 $10 off each..not my everyday fragrance..but hubby loves his, and mine gets noticed by all who are near me..Thanx to whom ever posted. We got to meet Ms. AGATHA(and hubby) in the store..She sells on line as well, and the store..no other place..Her clothing line is fab too

Hi Everyone,

I have found very few perfumes that I can wear without getting physically ill. Every since I was pregnant with my daughter (19 years ago!!!) I have only been able to find one or two I could wear.

Of course the musky ones were always okay...but my personal favorite is Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. The body spray is very light and works great together with the body lotion. Also Miss Dior by Christian Dior is another one I found I can wear...a little heavier than Green Tea, but I love the way it smells. Bath and Body Works has some great light and clean smelling scents as well.

Happy Cruising!!

I wear perfume every day. My 'signature' scent is Coco Chanel. But, I tried Donna Karen Cashmere Mist. It's very light and I've been using it up for the workdays. I get compliments on it, but still prefer the Coco. My guy likes the Coco better, too.

I also like Dior Addict 2. It's VERY different than Coco. More flowery than spicey. Normally florals don't work on me, but this does. He liked it, but still not as much as the Coco.

It's really hard for me to try different ones as they never smell as nice on me. I remember CK One. My bf at the time loved it on someone so I bought it. Made me smell like I had bo :eek: !

I stick with classic tried and trues now.

Hi Everyone,

I have found very few perfumes that I can wear without getting physically ill. Every since I was pregnant with my daughter (19 years ago!!!) I have only been able to find one or two I could wear.

Of course the musky ones were always okay...but my personal favorite is Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. The body spray is very light and works great together with the body lotion. Also Miss Dior by Christian Dior is another one I found I can wear...a little heavier than Green Tea, but I love the way it smells. Bath and Body Works has some great light and clean smelling scents as well.

Happy Cruising!!

I also love Miss Dior! My mother brought it back from Paris in 1965 and I have loved it ever since. It brings back so many memories when I smell it!

If I may chime in...I love Dolce and Gabanna (sp) light Blue. Very clean scent, get many compliments. Also I love Cool Water. :)

I like Cool Water too, especially for day time. I have to be careful and not overdo it or I give myself a headache.. LOL

I get headaches from a lot of perfumes, but men's cologne.. whew.. too much and my head will stuff up and start pounding like crazy.

I say I am allergic to a lot of perfumes but not so sure it is just sensitivity more than allergy. Now I had a friend that was really allergic. she had no sense of smell. it was weird, she could smell nothing! But wear perfume around her and she would break out in hives all over and her head would stuff up.

And I also hear so many people complain of "allergies" to scents. How can there be such a dramatic increase in the number of people allergic to perfume? Especially since most perfumes have very different formulations, can you really be "allergic" to perfume in general? Or is it just a dislike or strong negative reaction?

Just curious what other people think. CK Obsession has been an on-again/off-again favorite of mine for years, but now I'm almost afraid to wear it for fear of offending someone, as it is a pretty strong scent.

I'm one who has been very ill from men's aftershave. Also strong women's perfume can be hard on me too. But not all women's perfume bothers me. I really like an old-fashioned one, Yardley's English Lavender. When I was much younger i could tolerate the wonderful "arpage" and "My Sin" both by Lanvin. Neither is made anymore.

I don't think the asthma attacks from strong aftershave have anything to do with "dislike." Asthma results from almost any very strong odor. I guess the airways are just overwhelmed in those who have sensitive airways. Some folks sneeze. Some folks get a sinus headach. Some folks eyes run. And some have an asthma attack. My sister can get a migraine headach from strong perfume.

Archived