Which hotel in New York

rickdeni

What month? Makes a huge diff in nyc.

Our fav hotels are Le Parker Meridien and the Westin. Friends love The Library and The Giraffe. $200-250 may be pushing it, dependent on the time frame. I was looking for a room for the end of November and can't find a thing we would stay in just for a night under $450-$500.

Two people and we like a nice hotel - about $200-$250, if possible.

What month? Makes a huge diff in nyc.

Our fav hotels are Le Parker Meridien and the Westin. Friends love The Library and The Giraffe. $200-250 may be pushing it, dependent on the time frame. I was looking for a room for the end of November and can't find a thing we would stay in just for a night under $450-$500.

Labor Day to New Years is peak season in Manhattan and you'll be lucky to find a room for under $300 per night.

Agree with suggestions of Le Parker Meridian, Westin, The Library, and The Giraffe. The Michelangelo is also a very lovely hotel.

The Park South Hotel also has rooms around the $200 range and it is a very lovely boutique hotel. However, the rooms are tiny.

Parking the nights you are at the hotel is a consideration too. We stayed at the Time Square Hilton in January for four nights, free because we used points, but parking was $55/day. We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites on a stay and park package that included free parking. Just something you might want to keep in mind too.

The cruise would be at the end of July. Thanks for all your input. I realize parking is a major expense as Chicago downtown hotels now run $40-$55 per night and I expect New York to be higher. However, in the summer in Chicago you can get a really nice hotel some weekends for under $200.

NYC hotels have been running at record levels and it doesn't appear to be letting up anytime in the future.

If you're not picky about which hotel, you can always try to go the Pricelne or Hotwire route and save some dollars that way.

You can find something within your price range.

Check these :

Wellington Hotel

Paramount

Belvedere

Affinia Dumont

Sheraton Manhattan Times Square

W New York

The Helmsley

Millenium Broadway

Econolodge Times Square

Four Points SHeraton Chelsea

Howard Johnson Midtown Manhattan

The Affinia Dumont is a great hotel but probably closer to $300 a night. It also depends on whether you are staying during the week or on a weekend. Their rooms are suites so they are nice and spacious plus the hotel is pretty close to transportation. The hotels in Manhattan don't offer parking and the parking garages are expensive.

Blueherons

We have booke The Michaelangelo and The San Carlos for November.

Which one would you recommend? We have nearly the same rate for both approx $300 per night.

Also has anyone used a car service or a taxi from Manhatton to Cape Liberty?

The MichealAngelo hands down. It's a much nicer hotel and better location. If you read user reviews you will find much nicer things written about the MichaelAngelo.

I usually use http://www.carmellimo.com/ when I have to go anywhere from New York (i.e. airports). No car service is cheap but I trust them more than I trust taxis when leaving the city.

Thanks NameGame - the only reason we were a bit apprehensive about The Michaelangelo is that it is being renovated (which we hope will be ready for November)

And the San Carlos has a small kitchenette which included a fridge and coffee maker, but as we don't intend to stay in the room much, it looks like it will be The Michaelangelo.

Forgot to say - Good luck in The New York Marathon on 4th November.

Thank you!

While the San Carlos is very nice, the Michelangelo is one of my favorite hotels in the city. You'll be very happy with it!

I don't think the Affina Dumont can compare. The only hotel in the Affinia chain that is as nice would maybe be The Surrey and definately the Benjamin.

Archived