Cheaper Spanx substitute mini review

Nitra

I know what you mean. Im young and still dont like the clothes they make. They are not suitable for a person who has poor stomach tone due to having 2 large babies. I love my tummy slimmer!:D

Do the assests have a seam in the front??? I need tummy control with no seam to show through the front of my dresses. I bought some great capri control shapewear at Victorias Secrets, only to find they had a seam in the front. If I can't find something better these will do, but I would really rather not have the seam in front because it does show through a little bit. Do the assets have a front seam?

I wear either Spanx or Assets everyday. I don't find them the least bit uncomfortable, and I feel better knowing that they help control the jiggles. For regular days I wear the calf length Assets, sliding them up to the knee if I'm wearing capris. When I need the extra "hold" in the stomach area then I wear the regular Spanx thigh length shaper. I am very short waisted so I have a problem with the High waisted shapers, I really need something like that for formal night, but with shoulder straps so they don't roll down.

I don't find any difference in wearing the shapers versus regular panties, you just have to buy the right size. I launder them in the washer and dry in the dryer on a low setting. I am also a real fan of the Spanx Bra-, it is so comfortable that I can wear it 24 hours a day. It is very stretchy and is perfect under tee shirts and stretchy materials. I usually find them at Nordstrom.

I took the Assest high waist out for a test drive. I found that putting it on first then putting my bra on helped keep it in place, otherwise it would have come over the band of my bra. I have to say, I wore it for 3 hrs, I did not once find it binding or uncomfortable. I really liked it and actually forgot I had it on until I got home and was changing.. So now it is ready to take the cruise test.

Be back in a little over a week to give my cruise report!

Do the assests have a seam in the front??? I need tummy control with no seam to show through the front of my dresses. I bought some great capri control shapewear at Victorias Secrets, only to find they had a seam in the front. If I can't find something better these will do, but I would really rather not have the seam in front because it does show through a little bit. Do the assets have a front seam?

Sorry I dont recall and they are packed or I would look. Not into digging them out right now.

I dont think they do

http://www.loveassets.com/Products.htm

Hi Suzanne. I purchased the Assets high waisted thigh length for my upcoming cruise. I am 5' 4" and weigh around 119 lbs. I'm not overweight but I do have the jiggles going on in my butt and upper thighs. My gown is very sheer and clingy. I tried on the Assets and it looks perfect under my gown. No front seem. Wanda

No Front seam is great!!!!, Wanda, I am 5'3, 121, so I kind of have the same problem, I just need everything smoothed out under my clingy formals. I am very active with dance and excercize and have pretty good muscle tone, but I have a "mama" tummy and my mother's rear end.:) In most close it looks fine but in a clingy formal that curve between my hip and thigh shows way too much.

I am going to give the assets a try, but I have to do the waist high ones because of the scoop on the back of the dress. Its too low for the high rise controllers.

Did anyone watch the reality show "The Rebel Billionaire" with Richard Branson? Sarah Blakely(The Spanx and Assets Lady) was the runner up on that show and did some incredible stunts to make it to the end, including walking on a beam between two hot air baloons, and then climbing a rope later to join Richard Branson for tea on top of the baloon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay put both to the test and in my opinion, for the price, I would go with assets. The Spanx was okay but I found it to be hotter. I sweated like a freaking fountain while in the assets I only sweated a little but not constantly. For support, they were comparable. Comfort, other than the heat factor, I preferred the assets too.

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering; will the spanx/assets make you sweat? I mean are they okay to wear under shorts or capris in the hot sun?

I am recovering from major surgery and I am, needless to say, over weight from sitting around for weeks trying to get better.

I have gained 10 pounds and I am only 4'11". I got flab all over.:rolleyes: Nothing looks right or fits me well any more.

I am leaving for Rome in 3 weeks and I thought this may make me feel a little better about my appearance.

However, if it will make me sweat a lot, I'd rather go without.

Thanks so much,

Peggy

I bought Hanes version of Spanx at Macy's this past w/e and wore them under a black polyester wrap type dress to a wedding. I was happy with them. They were like wearing control top panty hose w/o the hose. They were comfortable and they didn't roll down like panty hose do. They were $14 and come in black and nude. I am going to try the Target brand though as I usually have a 10% discount card there.

Hi, I wore the assets from target to a wedding this past weekend. I had on the ones that go right under the bra to the thighs. Size 2 was perfect fit. I had them on for 11 hours. Very comfortable, no rolling up or down. Danced all night!

Archived