Booked guarantee, when do you get assignment?

jackiel3290

We are booked on RCCI Rhapsody in May, booked late online at RCCI's web site. When will we get our cabin assignment? What do we do when we check in our luggage? We have always had assigned cabins in the past.

Jackiel3290

Rhapsody 7/02

Explorer 7/03

Serenity 5/05

Rhapsody 5/07:)

You will get assigned about 7 weeks before your cruise probably. We had an assignement as did others within 2 weeks of booking. If you just now booked for May, you should know within 2 weeks. Just keep checking your reservation and it should show up.

even if you get an assignment-- dont hand the bags to the porter until he verifies your cabin number on the manifest-- which they have a copy.

Once the cabinis verified then you fill out your tags and hand them over.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys. I got a call from the RCI agent and she gave me our cabin number over the phone. Later that day, it showed up on the web site with our booking information. I will wait to fill out the luggage tags until we verify the number at the pier. We can't wait! Jackie

Rhapsody 7-2002

Explorer 7-2003

Serenity 5-2005

Rhapsody 5-2007

I was told by the group rep at Carnival (we booked through them) that we should be getting our cabin assignments around the time of the final payment in November (Triumph 2/9/08), which is about 3 months prior to sailing. She said that they try to keep the group cabins close together but still providing cabin upgrades....

Do you think its better to keep it that way or to ask for the best available upgrades for each cabin???

I would ask for the best possible upgrade for each cabin rather than try to keep them as a group. My TA told me it is much harder for the cruise lines to find similar group of cabins for an upgrade. If it is not important to have all the cabins near each other, go for the best possible upgrade for individual cabins. The last time I did this, we were spread out all over the ship, but everyone got at least a 4 catagory upgrade. Since we never spent time together in the cabins, cabin location was not a problem. Good luck with your group.

I was told by the group rep at Carnival (we booked through them) that we should be getting our cabin assignments around the time of the final payment in November (Triumph 2/9/08), which is about 3 months prior to sailing. She said that they try to keep the group cabins close together but still providing cabin upgrades....

Do you think its better to keep it that way or to ask for the best available upgrades for each cabin???

When we did our first group we were all over the main deck- not next to each other.

For groups its very rare to go outside the category==

Archived