Rebookings on SS

daddyo

My wife and booked the Whisper for an upcoming cruise from Rome to Venice, 10/12 (14 days) last year. This morning we got notification from the TA that one 7 day segment is now being offered at a substantial discount. However, rebookings/ cancelations don't qualify. I have been under the impression that in the past, Cruise Lines would honor any discounts that were offered after a booking was made. Was I wrong to make such an assumption?

I am somewhat surprised that I received no replies to this thread. I was concerned because the price was $1888 for a vista and $2658 for a veranda which was very substantial for a 7 day cruise (Athens to Venice, 10/19). This was far below the price for which we originally booked. And, that is alarming.

I hear you, DaddyO! And you have an important question . . .

At the totally opposite end of the relevance scale, I'm still waiting for someone to discuss the dessert selection on the Silver Shadow. I guess a sweet tooth and Silversea passengerhood are mutually exclusive.

I have found, in the past, that if the identical stateroom is being offered at a discount and its before the final payment due, many cruiselines WILL honor the lower price. The fact that SS specifically excludes cancellations and re-bookings in the advertisements seems like it may be an uphill battle. I would have your TA contact Silversea directly and work this out for you. If your TA has clout with SS, it may make this task a bit easier.

Host Dan

Archived