Lighthouse, EZCruise, Port of Gal Parking. Which shuttles to pier most often?

munchkin4

Do Lighthouse and EZCruise Parking have shuttles to the boarding area fairly often? We may want to park ourselves at the Port of Galveston so we can board as soon as they'll let us. We don't want to wait around for an hour or so until the next shuttle. I like their prices better BUT when I'm ready, I'm ready. I know I'll be ready to start my vacation as soon as I can. Parking at the hotel isn't an option for us as my folks had a very unpleasant experience. Their car was stolen since those areas are not secure, so we just don't want to take that chance. Just need to decide which area we want to park in, now>

Howdy Munchkin4!

To help you get replies to your inquiry that is off topic on this thread, I am moving your post to a thread of your own. I also gave it a title.

I truly hope you don't mind some friendly 05.gif suggestions to a new member, but you might want to read our Community Guidelines and FAQ. Especially the Getting Started section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. In our Community Guidelines, please read the Please Browse BEFORE You Post section. In making an inquiry, be sure to word your title so the other members scrolling through the thread titles will know exactly the information you seek and will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, port of call, etc. You will get more replies that way. Also, be sure to mention your cruise line, ship & sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers to you. Click here Cruise Critic Message Boards for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Mel - thanks for the opinion on Lighthouse parking. My TA reserved me a spot there for May 19th. I will probably post some feedback if they were great or horrible. I will also check back to see if anyone knows about the shuttle frequency.

janice

Janice--

I'm really looking forward to hear what you have to say about Lighthouse. We also want to take the advice of others and arrive around 10:30 am so we can be onboard in time for lunch. I want to stretch it out for as long as I can. We are staying in Galveston the night before so will be able to arrive at parking at any time. Thanks for the help and have a wonderful cruise!!:)

I have used both EZ and Lighthouse. EZ had some serious problems upon our return. Evidently they do not own their own vehicles, but rent them each weekend. When we came back from the Elation, they were only able to get one 12 passenger van for a rental. We stood in the hot sun for nearly 2 hours waiting for a ride back to our vehicle. There was tons of grumbling from everyone.

On our next cruise we decided to try Lighthouse. We found their service to be much better than EZ and would most likely use them on our next cruise. Same prices, but better service for us.

Do Lighthouse and EZCruise Parking have shuttles to the boarding area fairly often? We may want to park ourselves at the Port of Galveston so we can board as soon as they'll let us. We don't want to wait around for an hour or so until the next shuttle. I like their prices better BUT when I'm ready, I'm ready. I know I'll be ready to start my vacation as soon as I can. Parking at the hotel isn't an option for us as my folks had a very unpleasant experience. Their car was stolen since those areas are not secure, so we just don't want to take that chance. Just need to decide which area we want to park in, now>

FYI: If you use the Port's parking lot, you must drop your luggage first as they will not transport you to the terminal with your luggage. With EZCruise and I believe with Lighthouse, if you pre-reserve on line, you get a discount. There was a post where an individual complained that he arrived at EZCruise around 3PM and was told that the parking lot was full. He had pre-reserved a space on line.

Ît really does not matter which one you choose but to make it quicker with the shuttle go to the port first and drop your luggage. That way more people will fit into the shuttle and it is quicker. In March we did exactly that and we were on a shuttle earlier since we had no luggage and those with luggage had to wait....

I have used EZ 3 times in Galveston. The first 2 times, we waited at the parking lot an awful long time for a shuttle - there was always an excuse. The 3rd time, we just dropped the rest of our party off at the terminal with our luggage, and went to park the cars and walk to the terminal. It was maybe a 5-7 minute walk, and since we'd dropped off our heavy luggage, we didn't mind the walk.

We haven't been impressed with EZ's shuttle service either way, so we just walk from there. I hadn't heard about Lighthouse when I booked EZ for next week, so we're still with EZ next week (will probably do the same thing), but I will definitely be trying Lighthouse next time.

I finally broke down and called Lighthouse. They will run the shuttles as often as needed. They do not wait until it is full before they go. They will also take you as early as 9:00 a.m. The price is the same as EZ and they are in the same area, easy access. We've decided this is who we will use.

Just got back from the Conquest and we used Lighthouse parking and they were very quick with shuttles - no wait either when we got off or when we got to the parking area - they took us right away. Very nice people. they were already getting full at 11:30pm and the guy said on Sunday when we got back they had to turn people away at 2pm as they were full but saved space for anyone who had reservations from their website... Debbie

I have parked at EZ cruise for 5 cruises and there service has been great, but the last time we cruised with them they parked us in there lot 2 which is in a low spot and floods in bad weather so I am going to try lighthouse 5/20 because it is higher than there lot 2. EZ parking is great just make sure you can get the higher parking area,

Archived