Having a Great Solo Experience on Cruise Critic Group Cruise

Roz

I'm posting this to all my single and solo cruising friends from an internet cafe in Lahaina, Maui. I'm one of the "hotties" on the group cruise to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit. We left Ensenada, MX on April 15. I highly recommend booking a single cabin as part of a group. Best of both worlds. You're by yourself when you want to be, and with others when you want company.

I booked a 1A cabin on the Riviera Deck and it's more than adequate. Has the nicest bathroom I've seen on a cruise ship, and a queen bed. The cabin is the same size as the cabins I've booked on HAL.

I plan on writing a review from a solo cruiser's perspective when I get back. Have never taken a 12-day cruise before...it's great!

Roz

I'm posting this to all my single and solo cruising friends from an internet cafe in Lahaina, Maui. I'm one of the "hotties" on the group cruise to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit. We left Ensenada, MX on April 15. I highly recommend booking a single cabin as part of a group. Best of both worlds. You're by yourself when you want to be, and with others when you want company.

I booked a 1A cabin on the Riviera Deck and it's more than adequate. Has the nicest bathroom I've seen on a cruise ship, and a queen bed. The cabin is the same size as the cabins I've booked on HAL.

I plan on writing a review from a solo cruiser's perspective when I get back. Have never taken a 12-day cruise before...it's great!

Roz

Glad you are having a great time, isn't Maui wonderful! Hope you all have 2 days there because there is so much to do.

Roz

Hey Roz...I booked a cruise as a solo/single on the Liberty with the "Saints and Sinners"......in October........;)

Hope you are having a "GREAT" time.....

Jeff

I'm one of the "hotties" on the group cruise to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit. Roz

Hi Roz: Glad you are having a swell time. :)

I am also glad that you are one of the "hotties" on your cruise. I have always wanted to be a hottie. Dag nab it, apparently my problem is that I have been booking the wrong cruises. :( I guess the bright side is that it has nothing to do with my just-crawled-up-from-steerage appearance or lack of personality after all. :rolleyes:

Paul

I'm really looking forward to your review, Roz, from the standpoint of a solo cruiser on a CC cruise. I've been thinking of trying that as a way to already "know" some people before I go. I've taken part in roll calls before, but then I get on board with my family, and my interest in making the CC meet tends to fade. As a solo, I think I would be more likely to get out there and have fun with my fellow cruisers.

You may want to consider our CC Group 2-27-08 for 8 days!

Just a thought: We're leaving on a Wed. returning next Thurs.!!

Think of how great it would be-to get reduced rates and less travel hassle -for 8 days instead of 7!~

Anyone will tell you-Fort Lauderdale Airport is like an overcrowded zoo on the weekends!

Yes, you can join our group today and benefit from Cruise Critics Group pricing, perks and $100.00 /cabin credit!!

Let me know if you have any questions___

MMMike

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.

I'm back and will be posting a summary of my experience in a few days. A 5-hr. flight from Honolulu to San Diego, and then a 4-hr. flight the next day back to Tennessee. Whew! Hawaii isn't the easiest place to get to if you live in the eastern part of the US.

Paul, it goes without saying that anyone from Pennsylvania is "hot". ;)

Roz

Hi Roz, welcome back and glad you had such a good time:)

I believe you sailed with a good friend of mine too. Tony, from

CALIF?

I sailed with him in 2005 and I heard from him yesterday.

He said it was a great cruise too!

I was also on that cruise Tony and myself walked with Roz for awhile on the last day. She was doing a 10 k walk I think Tony and myself did 2k, we did not finish the walk as it being the last day I had to get gifts and well we were smack in the middle of Chinatown and decided to stay there for awhile.

This was my first solo cruise so I really did not know what to expect. I was very fortunate to hook up with the CC group and had a great time.

Tony is great and I really enjoyed my time with him, we had some really fun moments. I am hoping he will come on the TA next April, after all he does have it booked. Lois, I think you called when Tony and I were in Chinatown eating. Anyways, as I write this I am at work and of course it now seems so long ago(sigh) soooooo will have to jump over to web sites that offer cruises........ whats a girl to do???

Looking forward to your review Roz, and very nice meeting you.

Hi Ellie:) Glad you had a good time!

Tony is a great person and I am happy to call him my friend.

One of these days we will hopefully sail together again too.:)

Lois, yes, as Ellie already said, Tony was with us on the cruise. What a nice guy! I'd cruise with him again.

Ellie, good to "see" you again. I know you were apprehensive about cruising solo, but every time I saw you, you seemed to be having a good time.

Roz

Archived