Can I book online then transfer to TA?

Yes, but it's not done simply. You'll have to call RCI and give them your TA's name and info. Then your TA has to call. Then your TA will send/email/fax you a form which you need to fill out (again, authorizing the transfer and ... if you choose ... tell them why - I never do) and then fax it back to RCI. I just did this last week. Good luck and have a great cruise! ~ LL

I know I can book thru RCI but can I book myself online and then transfer the booking to a TA?

Yes you can, but if you know a good TA, why not just have them do it for you? They can do everything you want, their price will be the same as what RCI is charging you, and it is less involved than transferring the booking afterwards.:)

yes

Jimbo:)

Now Jimbo don't get carried away here! LOL!!!! How ya doing? Man those new RC prices are something aren't they??:rolleyes:

I have to agree with Bill on this, since you are looking for a newly released itinerary. One thing I learned, when the Hawaii inventories came out ... the cabins weren't noted on the RCI website until later in the day. Fortunately, my TA was able to get me a great cabin, because they get the info immediately upon release. If you have a good TA, they'll be available when the itineraries are released ... even if it's in the middle of the night.

Frankly, I was surprised that the website wasn't updated until later, as you would think that RCI would prefer to have the bookings direct from us, but that's not what happened and, by the time the website was updated, all the best cabins were GONE!

I have to agree with Bill on this, since you are looking for a newly released itinerary. One thing I learned, when the Hawaii inventories came out ... the cabins weren't noted on the RCI website until later in the day. Fortunately, my TA was able to get me a great cabin, because they get the info immediately upon release. If you have a good TA, they'll be available when the itineraries are released ... even if it's in the middle of the night.

Frankly, I was surprised that the website wasn't updated until later, as you would think that RCI would prefer to have the bookings direct from us, but that's not what happened and, by the time the website was updated, all the best cabins were GONE!

But if you had called in directly to RCI you would have had access to those cabins as well. No need for a TA.

But if you had called in directly to RCI you would have had access to those cabins as well. No need for a TA.

That supposes that you know the right questions to ask and that the RCI CSR doesn't just offer you the first rooms that appear on his or her monitor. A good TA would know enough to dig deeper and perhaps find a room that would better suit your requirements. Booking a cruise is not the same as booking a hotel room and sometimes the ins an outs of getting the best rooms requires some experience and expertise. A good TA can be invaluable in such instances as well as in the event that complications arise later with your booking or during your cruise.:)

That supposes that you know the right questions to ask and that the RCI CSR doesn't just offer you the first rooms that appear on his or her monitor. A good TA would know enough to dig deeper and perhaps find a room that would better suit your requirements. Booking a cruise is not the same as booking a hotel room and sometimes the ins an outs of getting the best rooms requires some experience and expertise. A good TA can be invaluable in such instances as well as in the event that complications arise later with your booking or during your cruise.:)

Boy..........a lot of supposed there.......:rolleyes: I'm guessing if you stay around cruise critic long enough........say three weeks......you'll know more than the call center you are calling anyway........LOL!!!!!!

Yes, but it's not done simply. You'll have to call RCI and give them your TA's name and info. Then your TA has to call. Then your TA will send/email/fax you a form which you need to fill out (again, authorizing the transfer and ... if you choose ... tell them why - I never do) and then fax it back to RCI. I just did this last week. Good luck and have a great cruise! ~ LL

Here's a link to the form.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

My feeling is if 2009 prices are as high as 2008 prices have moved, on the Voyager, Im iffy about booking and might or might not keep the reservation, thats why I just wanted to hold the booking and not bother a TA with it yet.

As far as the comment about booking newly released 2009 rates...thats the problem. They have not yet released the rates for 2009 for Galveston. I just have my fingers crossed when they are released they are not sky high. I was not cruising yet when the 2008 rates were released but heard they were much lower on Voyager than they are now.

I just started to cruise again last fall and used VTG 3 times, another horrible TA once (but that cruise is what got me started so even though horribly overpriced I learned a lot).

I just started to use this TA and didnt want to bother her until I knew it was a reservation I would keep for sure. Booking for 2009 seems sooooooooooo far out to me.

.....anyway to everyone who asked why.....that's why. Hard to explain I guess.

I know...Im such a newbie. But still excited about cruising. My mom keeps asking now that I started to cruise, when Im going to stay home. She thinks 4 cruises since last Halloween is nuts that Iv been on.

Archived