star princess baltic cruise

hello we will be going on the baltic cruise in july for 10 days i have not book any tours except for russia, what i would like is if there is sombody out there who will be going prior to july doing the same cruise please if its not too much give me some feed back on doing the ports on our own, i will use the hop on hop buses where available

its my favorite way to see any city but would like any ideas of what may be better ,we will be in copenhagen 3 days prior to the cruise, i would welcome any suggestions. Thank You Moonbeem

We were on Star Princess in 2005 on the Baltic cruise - it was a wonderful trip but very hectic - your feet will not touch the ground but it is one cruise we will never forget.

If you are interested I have posted a review on our trip which can be found by going to

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreivews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469

A member of our Roll Call for that sailing has also written a review under the name of sunprincess8 and has posted some superb photos of the trip at http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Good Luck with your plans.

Suron

Moonbeam1961, the timing will be a little tight to do you much good, but we are leaving at the end of next week for the Star Princess 17-day Transatlantic to Copenhagen followed by the 10-day Baltic cruise. If the internet connection permits, I will be posting our experiences during the trip to my website. You might check in a couple of weeks to see if any of the posts are of interest to you.

Posting will be made on:

www.ricklongbrake.com

Click on the link that says "May 2007 Transatlantic - Baltic Cruise".

Moonbeem --

Sometimes it is so hard to figure out where to start reading. Many of the people who post here are do-it-yourselfers and this forum is chock full of information and helpful hints. It just takes time to read it all.

Since you have to start somewhere, I suggest starting with these three reviews:

Boo's Mom:

Scott Cyn:

Bollinge (and company):

hello we will be going on the baltic cruise in july for 10 days i have not book any tours except for russia, what i would like is if there is sombody out there who will be going prior to july doing the same cruise please if its not too much give me some feed back on doing the ports on our own, i will use the hop on hop buses where available

its my favorite way to see any city but would like any ideas of what may be better ,we will be in copenhagen 3 days prior to the cruise, i would welcome any suggestions. Thank You Moonbeem

We always do all ports on our own, including those from the Baltic cruise. We even had our own visas for Russia and went on our own. All of the other cities are very easy to do. I would suggest you order John Lawrences DVD on the Baltic ports that will be a great starter for you. I don't recall alot of HOHO buses in these ports but I'm sure they are available, all the cities have great city bus transportation and then you can get around on foot. If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

Hi moonbeam,

I suggest you go over to the roll call forum at this link to get some ideas from other cruisers. The May 22nd and the Sept. 9, 2007 roll call threads for the Star Princess Baltic have alot of links to resources: ie: HOHO bus, port information, hotels in Copenhagen, tours/places to see at ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Archived