Paulas' Cooking @ Sea

I know I read a thread just a few days ago about Paula Deen being a celebrity guest on an upcoming RCI cruise but it seems to have sisappeared.

Just wondering if anyonelse saw her show today (4/26).

It sure seemed to me that she's getting excited about her cruise!!:-)

No "Southern" cooking on her show today. Today it was a "yummy" Caribbean menu that did look delicious.

For anyone sailing on her cruise, I think you're in for a real treat.

Her recipes today included jerk pork chops with a mango-chutney, and a lime souffle' baked & served in a coconut shell, and a homemade Pina'Colada. Everything looked DELICIOUS.

Does anyone happen to know the sailing date & ship she'll be on?

Oh shoot! I missed the showing of her Freedom cruise on Food Network! I wish I would have known, would have loved to watch that one.

It must be a real treat for the chefs onboard to have these food celebrities onboard and to meet and work with them.

I don't understand why Rachel Ray hasn't jumped on this bandwagon, since she is everywhere else in the entire universe.

She was just here on Tuesday, because she is doing a book tour to promote her new book, It ain't all about the cooking. Let me tell you, she is hilarious!! What a spitfire. I wish I would be able to afford to go on this cruise with her, cause I think it would be a lot of fun.

Oh shoot! I missed the showing of her Freedom cruise on Food Network! I wish I would have known, would have loved to watch that one.

It must be a real treat for the chefs onboard to have these food celebrities onboard and to meet and work with them.

I don't understand why Rachel Ray hasn't jumped on this bandwagon, since she is everywhere else in the entire universe.

It costs more than $40 bucks a day, she can't afford a cruise :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished her new book (Memoir) and it is fantastic! She is very open about the trials and tribulations of her life pre-fame.

The title is "It Ain't All About The Cookin'" and if you're thinking about going on this cruise, you will be glad you took the time to read about this extremely classy southern lady!

I'd be there with y'all but my daughter is due with first grandbaby right about then.

• 2 weeks later...

I will tell everyone how it was when I return!!!! My husband and I usually always cruise during this time anyway for our anniversary! When I found the cruise on her website I was so excited. So I sign up and now just dieting so I can grub on all that southern cooking. Not, that I don't get it being here in Texas, but to get it from Paula Deen yep need to lose 10 so I can gain 20...LOL

who is this woman? does she do real southern cooking, like greens and cornbread with lots of bacon grease, fried potatoes, fried fish, barbecue, fried ochra, fried squash, beans with lots of ham or is it southern inspired?

who is this woman?
:eek:

She is one of the biggest stars on the Food Network cable channel. I suppose you don't know who Emeril Lagasse is either. :p ;)

does she do real southern cooking, like greens and cornbread with lots of bacon grease, fried potatoes, fried fish, barbecue, fried ochra, fried squash, beans with lots of ham or is it southern inspired?
She does the real deal, honey! :D Actually, I guess she does both. But more real southern cooking than southern inspired.

Paula Deen's website

Lewdog, yes she is real southern from Savannah Georgia!!! She cooks all of the above and then some. FRIED, FRIED, FRID WITH LOTS OF BUTTER!!!

AND BACON FAT!!! She is just a hoot to watch. She is on right now sucking the butter off of her peppered shrimp!!! Her show Paula'a Party comes on Friday nights it is done live in front of an audience. (*with edits of course) she is really funny on this show. She is the only food network star that has been bleep out for say a dirty word. She tells that on her self in her book. Life is not all about cooking!! Good Book about her memiors!! just counting the days till we cruise together!!!!!!

I suppose you don't know who Emeril Lagasse is either.

Actually I do, he's the loud mouth obnoxious one with a greatly inflated sense of self-worth who is more interested in his celebrity status than innovative cooking.

Give me Paul Prudohme any day, that's a chef!

I live in Savannah and let me tell you, Paula Deen IS the real deal! We call her the 'queen of Savannah', or just "The Lady" as so many tourists come to this city and many will dine at her restaurant, (The Lady & Sons) that she operates downtown with her two sons.

Her brother has a seafood oyster house here in Savannah (Talahi Island) as well, it's called Uncle Bubba's -- it's on the marsh.

Her husband has recently started a gourmet coffee line, roasted right here in Savannah -- the coffee is called Captain Michael's. Her sons were on GMA last Friday marketing their new cookbook, "Recipes from the Road".

It's a special treat to talk to her when she's working the crowd in her restaurant. She will talk to you like she has known you for years. She is genuinely charming and so sincere......and funny! She loves life!

You'll have a great time if you're on this cruise. If you're not going on the cruise, you'll just have to come to Savannah and visit her restaurant or attend one of her cooking classes here!

Enjoy!

Rose

• 2 weeks later...

Any others out there going on this cruise with me. I know there has to be a few more than just DH and me on this cruise. There are 3 different roll calls for this date and know one is getting involve in the boards!!!

Anyone out there going on this cruise. I am ready to get all these thread going.. Doesn't seem like there is hardly anyone from these board that are on this sailing. Hopefully, some will find us and come out to play soon!!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm on this one and really looking forward to it. It took FOREVER for CruiseOne to post my final payment, but the cruise is all payed for (except for shore excursions). I'm really looking forward to it.

Was anyone else surprised, or rather disappointed that there are only two excursions with Paula, and neither of those excursions really looked that enticing? There's plenty of activities onboard with Paula and family, so I'm going with the RCCL shore excursions.

Do you know if there will be a CC Meet & Greet? It would be great to have one set up.

Any woman that starts all recipes with a stick of butter, is a good woman. I love Paula!

Stick of butter??? Make that a pound of butter for some!!!

My favorite episode was when she made bread pudding... from Krispy Kreme doughnuts. :eek:

I could feel my arteries hardening as I watched it.

Pete

A cruise with Emeril would be interesting (not so much a fan of Paula) but I really wish they would leave the cruises just as they are & stop the special interest bookings--it cuts down on the fun for the rest of us who have no group & juts eant to enjoy the ship, sea & ports..

A cruise with Emeril would be interesting (not so much a fan of Paula) but I really wish they would leave the cruises just as they are & stop the special interest bookings--it cuts down on the fun for the rest of us who have no group & juts eant to enjoy the ship, sea & ports..
Exactly right. I wouldn't even consider this cruise. Any cruise like this will take over most of the ship, some places won't be available to use. I sure don't want to be on any cruise just geared to a celebrity. If they want to do this they should do it as a charter so that anyone interested can go and not mind all the inconvenience.

I love Paula. I would book on this cruise for her, but I'm already going on the Freedom the same week. I really hope they put it on Food Network.

I would love if Rachael Ray would cook at sea. She is by far the best cook on Food Network. Her food is real, doesn't require wierd ingredients that you have to trave to Brazil to get, and it is done in around 30 minutes. Can't beat her. She blows Giada and especially Emeril out of the water.

1. Rachael Ray 2. Paula Deen 3. Bobby Flay 4. Giada de Laurentiis

Those are the top for. Forget about anybody else. Duff, the Ace of Cakes isin't bad either, but Rachael is my idol. I love her so much. I'm like obsessed with her shows, any of them.

Archived