Complaint of the Week #3

Philip217

We were sailing in Japan last week. Since we are not calling at any US Ports, we were able to bring on fresh Kumamoto Oysters from Hiroshima. These are some of the best oysters in the world - expensive and hard to get.

We awarded our "Golden Arches Gourmet" award to the gentleman who wrote,"Why bother to serve oysters at all, if all you can get are the tiny ones?"

We were sailing in Japan last week. Since we are not calling at any US Ports, we were able to bring on fresh Kumamoto Oysters from Hiroshima. These are some of the best oysters in the world - expensive and hard to get.

We awarded our "Golden Arches Gourmet" award to the gentleman who wrote,"Why bother to serve oysters at all, if all you can get are the tiny ones?"

LOL, love it ! Can you post some of the other runnerups for the award?

Keep them coming...very funny.:D

It just goes to show you, many people prefer quantity over quality.

One of my all time favorite cruise complaints from this board was years ago an elderly (by his own admission) complained that his toast wasn't piping hot when the waiter got it to him and the butter didn't melt on it right away.

I've since then visualized waiters bounding through the dining room, jumping tables to get this guy a hot piece of toast.

It just goes to show you, many people prefer quantity over quality.

One of my all time favorite cruise complaints from this board was years ago an elderly (by his own admission) complained that his toast wasn't piping hot when the waiter got it to him and the butter didn't melt on it right away.

I've since then visualized waiters bounding through the dining room, jumping tables to get this guy a hot piece of toast.

This would be funny IF I hadn't had the experience of receiving myu toast after I had finished my breakfast and it was not only cold, but hard as a rock.

Mocorobabe

This would be funny IF I hadn't had the experience of receiving myu toast after I had finished my breakfast and it was not only cold, but hard as a rock.

Mocorobabe

lol when I read that post that's exactly what I was remembering, that toast i had on my cruise 2 weeks ago that was hard as a rock...but I said...no I wouldnt say that and then you did. hahahahahhaha

I love the comments of the week too.

Mocorobabe

It's the reason I don't bother with toast on a cruise ship and just select a muffin when they come around with the basket :)

• 5 weeks later...

If the idiot would have just asked, I'm sure the cook would have buttered his toast as soon as it came out of the toaster. I've made that request myself several times and it was always graciously honored. Then I just put the jam on at the table.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived