"Cruise Critic" sign up thread

Leslieswiger

Does HAL have a Cruise Critic sign up thread like Celebrity and some others do?:confused: With twenty-five or more "CC" members signed up, Celebrity will host a get together. They even do cocktails and canapes thank you very much.:eek: Can anyone give us some light on this subject please.:rolleyes: If HAL does not have a sign up thread, what can we do to try and get one?:confused:

Hi Leslie, good morning..........Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (same corporation) are the only 2 lines that offer ship sponsored gathering. I have sailed with Celebrity 3 times......most of the time they were held in the morning on the first sea day....

I don't think adult beverages have ever been "complimentary"........but they do provide coffee, tea, juice, pastries, etc....when it is held in the morning.

Sometimes the social hostess shows up and sometimes the CD as well........

It is something the cruiseline has been doing........I have no idea how someone in management on HAL would decided if they would like to do this as well. Maybe they could get in touch with management here at Cruise Critic...or vise-versa.

:)

On a couple of our cruises we had more than 20 cc'ers for a get-together - alas no party. But since appetizers are already provided at cocktail time, we didn't have to worry about them.

But I do know a couple of times when a certain area was set aside for a private cc'er party. The second week when we were on the Oosterdam, Chef John Mulvany asked us if there were a lot of cc'ers on board. We said there weren't. He told us that the week before there had been quite a few cc'ers on board and one evening the Oak Room was set aside for them to have a party - the captain stopped in for a few minutes and John said that he dropped by.

:)

Thank you "Lois R". :) Do we have anyone on the board who has connections with management here at "CC"?:rolleyes: Maybe those who have been on the board for sometime, would know how to contact management and let them hear of our wish.;) Thanks again Lois.

I have read on this board about times that the Hotel Manager and/or the F & B Manager had heard there was a group of CC'ers meeting somewhere....like after life boat drill in the Crowsnest and they stopped by.

As KK says, HAL always provides hot hors d'ouevres every cocktail hour so any group who planned a get together would have nibbles anyway.

You could always stop by the Office and see the GRM if you wanted to let the ship know there was a CC get together. He/she might be able to tell you if an Officer may be available to drop by and say hello....

Bear in mind that embarkation day is always very busy so if your get together is after life boat drill, it is possible that they would be too busy to be able to drop by.

Thank you "Lois R". :) Do we have anyone on the board who has connections with management here at "CC"?:rolleyes: Maybe those who have been on the board for sometime, would know how to contact management and let them hear of our wish.;) Thanks again Lois.

Specifically.....and let them hear of our wish..... what is "your wish" in this regard?

Leslie - with so many staff changes (Officers) taking place these days - just found out an "old friend" has been transferred from the Veendam, where he has been for a number of years, to the Ryndam - I would suggest that when you get on board the ship you speak to the F&B Manager (wait until the day after embarkation as they are so busy that day) and ask him to set up something. He's the one you would speak to to do this.

Enjoy your cruise.

:) well, there is actually a page on the Celebrity Website...you can enter your booking number and how many are in your reservation for your sailing.....if you have 25 minimum signed up within 3 days before your cruise......they will set up for your group to have a "get-together"...as it happens...only 1 out of my 3 cruises had enough people for an "OFFICIAL PARTY"...but.....the other 2 times we all met anyway and had a nice time too:)

Archived