Princess vs. RCI

Editor

Hi All!

I'm seriously considering taking RCI's southern Caribbean cruise next summer. I've only sailed once, Diamond's MR March 31 trip, and LOVED it.

Has anyone sailed on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, or any RCI cruise? If so, what's your take?

Thanks!

We took the southern cruise on Majesty of the Seas in 2000...great cruise.. Aruba Curicau (sp) were absolutely beautiful! I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat! Flying into San Juan not so bad although customs was kinda crazy. Weather was good from the moment that we set our feet on in San Juan... book your cruise and have a great time!

P.S. I hear AOS is a great ship. enjoy

Chris

I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 4 times and loved every cruise. Great food, service, activities, staff, accommodations and entertainment. You will have a blast!!! Go for it.

On any Ship is a wonderful trip...better than being in a slip...:cool:

Choice now is so many vessels, locations and other factors gives us all , consumers better choices to make our monies leave easily *S*:eek:

Each Cruise Line has differences so yes ..Know before you Go..

= - in all things....:D

Hi All!

I'm seriously considering taking RCI's southern Caribbean cruise next summer. I've only sailed once, Diamond's MR March 31 trip, and LOVED it.

Has anyone sailed on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, or any RCI cruise? If so, what's your take?

Thanks!

We have sailed in RCI many times, and they are fantastic. We have done the southern route on AOS, and in fact we are doing that same cruise again next March!!!!! Anther good choice is Serenda of the Seas. That is an absolute breath taking cruise when leaving St Lucia.

Either choice will be good and you will absolutely love RCI!!!!!!!

I've done both routes of the AOS. (Living in PR, cruising is always a great choice for a vacation!). I like better the route that includes Curacao and Aruba, but as everybody says it all depends on your preferences.

When I sailed, it was their bigger ship and by that time (2002 & 2003) for me it was HUGE. I loved it! For what I've heard (never cruise Princess before, on June will be my first), RCI's Southern Caribbean route is more party oriented and Princess (the new Crown) is more....sophisticated is maybe the word?. I have a friend that has done both and he told me the Crown was more relaxing, with activties for every taste, and that the layout of the publics areas is done in a way that he never felt the ship was fully booked.

RCI's AOS is a beautiful ship and if you decide to do the trip I believe you will enjoy it.

These are my 2cts. :)

The two things that wouldn't be my preference on RCI is saltwater pools and no soft pads on the chaise lounges. Other than that, I would LOVE to try one of the Explorer class RCI ships. I see that their dining rooms look so impressive with the two stories and tall ceilings. The ones on Princess really do have low ceilings and almost feel claustrophobic at times.

Iv been on CB and Grand Princess and RCI. I think RCI has better perks for repeat cruisers what with all their gifts and discounts and coupon books for Johnny Rockets every repeat cruiser gets in their stateroom. $200 off balconys etc.

I also think RCI has gorgeous ships and dining rooms, but I liked Princess food a lot and its available longer hours.

I loved my L103 stateroom on the CB better than my cabin on RCI.

I like that you get traditional dining on RCI without getting on a waiting list and the violin adds elegance to the dining room. Their ships feel more friendly, the staff acts happier.

I like both Princess and RCI, just like the repeat benefits better for RCI. Id rather have money off a hot cabin than $75 free internet.

We did the Southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan on the Serenade of the Seas. It was, and remains, my favorite Caribbean cruise to date (and I'm not a 7 night cruise kind of person...I like longer cruises). On RC, we sailed past Monsterrat twice, once on the east side and once on the west side. Both times, the captain got the ship as close to shore as he could, and slowed it down and told us what we were seeing (lava flows covering Plymouth). The same with passing the other islands (Nevis, St. Kitts, Statia, Saba)...the captain always made a point of slowing the ship and passing as closely as possible. That made the only sea day on that itinerary an event in itself.

Archived