Labadee vs Coco Cay

Hi all,

I have only been to Labadee and I LOVE it. My friend went there for the first time a week ago. She liked Coco Cay WAY better. What's up? :confused:

Has anyone been to both? I would love to hear your feelings.

I am tempted to book a short cruise that goes to Coco Cay just so I can see what my friend thinks is so great! :)

Please, do tell...

Pat

Coco Cay is our vote. It is an island. The snorkeling is much better. It has a bay area with a small plane & other objects in the water which attract fish. You can find areas to be as private as you wish. Coco Cay has a small hut area where you can buy things. The craft area on Labadee is getting too Jamacian(pushy vendors).

We like them both! Yes, they are different, but both are beautiful! I think I preferred Labadee, simply because it's further south! The only "downside" (for me) was looking throught the binoculars as we departed, and seeing how the people live there--the houses on the hill looked "charming" until you see them magnified. Total destitution. Very poor. Made me feel somewhat guilty that I have all I have, and these folks have absolutely nothing. But, the beach area is lovely and we had a great day! Same with Coco Cay--great day! I wish there were more of these "port" days--I prefer them to most other ports we visit!

We've been to Labadee numerous times and love it. Have only tried Coco Cay once and the day there was cancelled due to rough waters for tendering. We're trying for Coco Cay again in a few months. Hope we make it this time!

I've also been to both and while I "like" Coco Cay, I LOVE Labadee. Both have about the same sort of food and activities, but the scenery in my opinion is so much better at Labadee. Coco Cay is a typical, scruffy Bahama island. It is beautiful where RCCL has enchanced it,

1378286636036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

but everywhere else is not so great, sort of flat, sandy, with a lot of scruffy bushes and nothing else in eye's view.

1378286654036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

The island of Espaniola where Labadee is located, is a beautiful, lush, tropical, mountainous locale rising right out of the sea.

1036726326036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

Beauty as far as the eye can see.

This is what I love about Labadee! Also, I felt much more crowded at Coco Cay than at Labadee. At Labadee we spent our beach time at Hideaway Beach which was the furthest from the tender pier. It was quiet, shady, isolated from the crowds, and had the most amazing view...

1036726356036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

That's me floating along in front of my ship! Talk about paradise!

I also enjoy the beautiful walks you can take at Labadee. Here we are at Dragon's Breath Point...

2699926920036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

I've been known to book cruises just because they stop at Labadee!

However, I would return to Coco Cay only if it was part of a really great itinerary, but I would never plan a trip specifically to go there.

I agree with what the above poster said... labadee is way better, feels less manmade, and i think the crafts are way better. We got a really cool metal sculpture of a mermaid for $15... see similar stuff in Key WEst for $100+

I like both - felt the scenery at Labadee was much better yet I hated the pressure of shopping - they are very intimidating. I enjoyed shopping at CocoCay.

Didn't snorkel at either but layed around and worked on my tan. Did the Jet ski at Labadee - was great. Husband did the Parasail. Can't beat the scenerey.

I'd take either Island to be honest.

Wow, I can finally answer these posts having now been to both.

I like both islands for all the reasons mentioned above. I think Labadee is a bit more interesting scenery wise....def. go listed at Dragon's breath!! I think you can find more quiet spots on both places.

One thing that definitely stood out though...the snorkeling truly is way better at Coco Cay. WAY WAY WAY WAY better. I saw numerous schools of fish etc.. at CC. In Labadee, very few fish and some sea urchins. Other than that, nothing to really look at. I think the water is warmer in Labadee since it is more south.

The zip lines were not open as of last week in Labadee. I think that will make Labadee have a notch up.

If you are into snorkeling, I vote CC. But both stops are gorgeous and relaxing!

Archived