Updated Docking Info For Ketchikan

Solara

After some discussions on the boards yesterday which said that Dock #3 in Ketchikan isn't finished and that is where the Sapphire Princess is supposed to dock. I have an 8:00 independent tour and I called them wondering if we would make it if we had to tender. She said she had an updated schedule dated May 1st and that now the Sapphire was docking at Dock #1.

We are scheduled to dock there in June.

The research I've done shows that this is the new "city float dock" that's been constructed (or under construction?).

Hopefully, we'll be docking rather than tendering come June? :(

I'm on the Golden Princess 6/2/07 and I wrote to the independant tour guide I'm using and she told me this "We are currently building a new dock, and things are running behind, so you may be anchoring."

She told me not to worry, because two hours (arriving at 6:00am and tour is at 8:00am) should be enought time to make it, cause, since the ship is just for a couple of hours at port, they are pretty fast in getting people ashore.

Anyway, jus to play it safe we're changing our flight from 8:00 to 9:00 (she gave me the option). I rather wait for them, than be stress out thinking we're not going to make it.:eek:

We are scheduled to dock there in June.

The research I've done shows that this is the new "city float dock" that's been constructed (or under construction?).

Hopefully, we'll be docking rather than tendering come June? :(

We are scheduled to dock there in August. I am also hoping the work will be completed by then. Maybe cruisers going before us can keep us updated on an expected completion date?

Archived