Complaint of the Week #5

Philip217

Complainer: Please fill in the following card and hand it to the attendant when the free will offering basket is passed to you.

Form reads:

Dear Whichever Deity or Higher Power You Choose to Believe in:

The next time I am fortunate enough to be able to travel to faraway places on a cruise ship, an opportunity most of the people on this earth will never have the chance to experience, would you please provide: _________________________________________________

Thank you.

Your humble servant ___________________________________

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

After reading 2,000 comment forms last night, we have another winner:

"Very disappointed. Not enough sun light."

This reminds me of the time when I was a guest services manager at a very large hotel call center:a gentle man called and not only asked, but demanded his money back on his room: he booked an ocean view room for a week and it rained the entire time: he claimed he couldn't see the ocean because of the rain. We simply asked him, if he was able to see any water? NMnita

This guy speaks my language! He had a great cruise. The only thing he could find to complain about was something that was completely out of the control of the ship's personnel.

Its obviously the fault of the complainer - because sunlight/weather is completely controllable. I had a tour guide / bus driver prove this to me during a 2 week tour of Ireland a few years ago. My parents, my husband and I went on a trip sponsored by the school district my mother taught at. It was a lovely tour - students, plus some of their parents, teachers, other staff and their family. We had a lovely tour guide / bus driver named Michael who was from Holland but had moved to Ireland some years before. He was an absolute delight and had spent considerable time studying the history and lore so he could regale us with various stories educational lectures about the things we were seeing. Michael had a singular talent, one I have not seen demonstrated with quite such skill on any of my other trips to Ireland, the UK or for that matter anywhere else. Micheal could control the weather - completely and totally.

For two weeks, Ireland was beset with more rain then the traditional "soft" weather one expects - it rained, hard, daily. However - no matter what the forecast said, no matter where we were the rain did not rain on us. Roughly 5 minute or so before we'd get to each destination Micheal would place a phone call on his cell phone (while driving, I know - naughty! :o ) As we pulled up to the destination and he opened the bus doors - the rain would stop dead. As soon as we'd entered the building, it would start up again. He always instructed us to wait inside for him when we were done at a place - and he would always be on the phone as he pulled up in the bus. The doors would open and the rain would stop dead yet again and stay stopped until all of us had boarded the bus and the doors had closed. On the occaisions where we visited an outdoor area and stayed outdoors - the rain would cease for our entire visit only to start again as soon as we entered the bus. Every day, every stop, for 2 weeks.

Micheal also got us into the best places often an hour or so before their official opening - with a private tour guide. We joked he knew a tour guide in every castle - almost always a pretty girl. We joked at how "connected" he was - by the end of the tour we were considering making personal requests for him to relay on to the Creator. Finally at the end of the tour somebody asked him why the rain always stopped for him, and if he was calling God? He laughed and said no, but perhaps God was taking pity on a poor divorced Dutchman who moved to Ireland, fell in love with it, fell in love with the people, and fell in love with a pretty Irish Catholic girl he could never marry in the church because of his divorce. He said if he had to endure constant rain on top of that disappointment it might be too much for him.

I'm still not sure how he did it - but he did. So obviously the complainer just doesn't have the right connections ;)

• 4 weeks later...
After reading 2,000 comment forms last night, we have another winner:

I have a complaint also, the water was too cold in my drink and

needs to be warmed up a little ,:D lol not enough sun maybe complain to the weather man :eek:

Archived