Once you find what You Like ........

sail7seas

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=purple]Once you have found a cruiseline (HAL ?) that suits you in almost all ways, almost all the time, are you more apt to stay with HAL (or other line) and sail them pretty much exclusively [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#800080]or[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=#800080]Would you continue to sail on other lines as well. ....even if you cruised them before and found them to be "lesser" in your opinion to your favorite?[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Well, we definitely prefer HAL, but I would not rule out another cruise line if I found an Itinerary that I liked and HAL didn`t provide it. Of course, there are cruise lines that I wouldn`t sail on, even if they were free!!!.....jean

So far I've only sailed with RCI (14 years ago) and Carnival. Nothing about either of those lines would stop me from going back, or cause me to stop looking elsewhere. After spring break with Carnival (read crowded) I'm looking forward to more elbow room with HAL. That is one thing that could have me coming back. But there are too many cruise lines I have not tried to even consider sticking with a single line.

I do have to admit I'd love to try one of the large (138000 ton) RCI ships during an off-peak time of year.

[quote name='elmorejj']Well, we definitely prefer HAL, but I would not rule out another cruise line if I found an Itinerary that I liked and HAL didn`t provide it. Of course, there are cruise lines that I wouldn`t sail on, even if they were free!!!.....jean[/QUOTE]Jean,

If you ever get one of those free cruises, I'll be happy to suffer through it for you.:D

We have pretty much narrowed the field down to Carnival, HAL, and Princess. The deciding factors would be: price, itinerary, ship.. We've cruised all three and they are all very good cruise lines. We are on the Oosterdam on Oct 24, Eastern and are looking forward to it. We are also on the Valor in April, 05.. All 3 lines are great to cruise, it pretty much depends on Value... Bombero

I do prefer HAL, but would never say I wouldn't sail another line. When I am on HAL, I just feel like I am home, but if a deal came along on another line, I wouldn't not consider it.

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b]We had tried HAL a few years ago, did some other cruise lines, then when the other cruise lines went to Personel Choice dining and Free Style junk, we went back to HAL. Have been exclusively with HAL for 3 or 4 years and at the present time do not have any intentions of going on one of those above mentioned lines.[/b][/color][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff0000][/color][/font][/b]
:)

I have cruised on HAL, Carnival, Celebrity, RCCL, Disney and NCL. I loved them all. Each of them has had advantages and disadvantages over the other lines. When we choose our next vacation it is always predicated on destination, ship, and value.

If we had to choose... my favorite line is Celebrity, my parents love RCCL. They however do hot always have intinerary's that fit our schedule and desires.

Linda

Vicar...

Too bad that you aren't old enough to have taken a ride on the Catalina that's practically in your backyard (if they haven't moved it by now). Going trans-Pacific on a Flying Boat must have been some experience.

Well, we've only done one other cruise [Hal] and would consider only one or two other lines, but I don't want to take a chance on being dissapointed so we just booked our second with Hal. Just a note, we're mid forties, on the younger side of the spectrum !

My DH was a reason we booked HAL.

After my first cruise on Celebrity last year(LOVED IT) and Med cruise with RCI this year I wanted:

1) Sail on Celebrity for it's service and food.
2) Sail on Voyager Class RCI to see what it is and entertain my 13 years old.

My husband said that we should try different lines and found this deal.

I will be returning on Celebrity for next year Pacific Coastal...but if I like HAL I would definately sail it in the future.

(Same applies to our All Inclusive Vacations...For now we only tried several Iberostar and LOVED them but I heard that Melia, Riu are all great AI resorts. I am not sure though I will go back to AI again)

[quote name='sail7seas'][b][font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=purple]Once you have found a cruiseline (HAL ?) that suits you in almost all ways, almost all the time, are you more apt to stay with HAL (or other line) and sail them pretty much exclusively.... [/color][/size][/font][/b][/QUOTE][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]"Once you have found her, never let her go ... [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]once you have found her[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Nev-ver let her gooooooooooooooooooo" :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=navy]Seriously, after many years trying different cruiselines, we prefer HAL and Celebrity. But for the right price, timing and itinerary we would cruise on almost any line with the one exception of Carnival. [/color][/font]

We've only sailed HAL and Princess. We like them both for what they offer. They're different products ... sure. Which we choose depends on itinerary, ship, and price. Sometimes a good ol' hamburger tastes wonderful. Other times, you want a steak. Just depends on what you're hungry for at the time.

I like to try different ships. Even on the same cruise line different ships can be a totally different experience (e.g. Vista class versus HAL smaller ships). Have sailed Celebrity, HAL, NCL, Costa, Princess and Royal Caribbean. Right now I would put Celebrity first. Had some really great cruises on Costa about 3 years ago, but I have heard bad reports lately.

I do prefer HAL, however I have cruised other lines and would still consider cruising on other lines in the future. For example, I really want to try Celebrity and may end up doing so in about 2 or 3 years. When I do cruise another line I always like having another HAL cruise booked on the horizon to look forward to. HAL feels like "home" to me.

Two or three, depending on how you count them (one's a B2B), both NE/C.

Oct 20 '04, Rotterdarn, NYC-Sydney-NYC ten days.
2005: June 25-July 2 and July 2-9, Maasdarn, Boston-Montreal-Boston fourteen days.

We have only cruised HAL. If we go to Tahiti we will probably use Princess.

But I don't like the idea of the 3000 passenger vessels that are the vogue now. So I will stick to HAL. The DW would like to try something else. But since I browse the net and the TA's e-mail comes to me I haven't had problems yet.

Now if HAL would let me take our small dog on board I could book more and more!!!

My wife and I have taken 12 cruises on 8 different lines. We tend to choose an itinerary first and then a cruiseline to take us there. Variety seems to be the spice of life for us.

Archived