Mini vs. Grand suite on Mariner of the Seas?

Hi all,

Ok, other than the obvious size difference is there any extra perks with a full suite that you don't get with a mini suite on the Mariner? I am trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost to upgrade.

Hi all,

Ok, other than the obvious size difference is there any extra perks with a full suite that you don't get with a mini suite on the Mariner? I am trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost to upgrade.

I would say yes, but it would also depend on how much of a difference it is? Care to share? :)

Oh yes there are several other perks, including the use of concierge lounge. The exact amenities offered are currently being upgraded so it appears to vary at the moment as to whats available, Lemme see if I can find a recent thread about it. Of course by the time I do, someone will probably already tell ya. LOL

Here is a recent thread; also other posters posted other thread on the hotly debated topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=547649

I am guessing that you have only sailed on Princess until now. ;) On Royal Caribbean, you are talking about a "JS" or "Junior Suite".

If you can afford the GS, they really are magnificent cabins. With the GS you get priority embarkation, priority disembarkation, higher cabin attendant gratuities :D, access to the Concierge Lounge, which gets you:

Continental breakfast in the morning

Latté/capuccino machine, 24/7

Cocktail hour/open bar 5 - 8:30 P.M. - "pour" drinks only; no blender drinks

hors d'ouevres with your drinks

services of a concierge: Priority tender tickets, if needed/desired

ice show tickets without waiting in line

reservations at specialty restaurants, if you don't want to do it yourself

spa reservations, ditto

excursion reservations - they can sometimes get you into a "sold-out" excursion

DVDs and CDs for the players in your suite

I am guessing that you have only sailed on Princess until now. ;) On Royal Caribbean, you are talking about a "JS" or "Junior Suite".

I've cruised 5 times with RCCL but not in quite a while. Thanks for the great information. Now to see if I can talk hubby into the switch :D We need a little smiley with devil horns on this board!

In a JS, you still get priority boarding, 2 C&A credits and plenty of room for 2! You won't get the concierge service, tho. The tips for a JS are the same as a regular cabin--the increase doesn't start until you are in a GS or above! I think they are a great value!

There are TONS more perks in the Grand Suite and above, just search this board for the new SUITE AMENITIES to get an idea.

A junior suite is fine, it is a larger balcony stateroom and RCCL is kind enough to give you TWO cruise credits for booking one (as they do with all suites)...but is really JUST a bigger balcony stateroom, nothing else.

You really aren't experiencing a SUITE unless you book a GS or above. An OS is even better. :D Have yet to experience a Royal Suite, but one can only hope... ;)

Ok, just wanted to make sure they weren't hiding a butler in there somewhere. Have to admit, I've loved my butler when I've sailed Celebrity :D

Nope, no hidden butlers. Now, if you would like to pay my way, I'd be happy to wait on you..............:D

Nope, no hidden butlers. Now, if you would like to pay my way, I'd be happy to wait on you..............:D

That's what my 11 y/o is for. That is if I could convince him of it. Heck the way things look now this will be his 23rd cruise.

That's what my 11 y/o is for. That is if I could convince him of it. Heck the way things look now this will be his 23rd cruise.

Why couldn't you have been my mother? My DM never paid for a cruise for me and has been on one of her own.

Three of you in the cabin? Two adults and an 11 year old?

Would go for a GS then - more space, bigger balcony, bigger very nicely equiped bathroom. Not that a JS isn't a nice cabin, but a GS is really fab :)

It is definitely great to upgrade from a JS to a GS, but whether it is worth it depends on the price difference and what that money means to you really.

You will have a great cruise no matter what you decide - Mariner is a fantastic ship :)

Boo

Archived