Explorer 5 nite to Bermuda??

I know the first cruise this year is May 20, so my questions are to those who sailed this cruise route last year. Where are the transportation passes sold, and do you get a ferry/bus schedule with the passes? Are they the same price as at the dockyard? Were you able to be off the ship the first day in time to catch a 9 AM ferry? Were there shuttles from the dockyard to Horseshoe Bay beach? If so, what was the cost pp, please?

I know the first cruise this year is May 20, so my questions are to those who sailed this cruise route last year. Where are the transportation passes sold, and do you get a ferry/bus schedule with the passes? Are they the same price as at the dockyard? Were you able to be off the ship the first day in time to catch a 9 AM ferry? Were there shuttles from the dockyard to Horseshoe Bay beach? If so, what was the cost pp, please?

You can buy the transportation passes right on the ship on the first sea day at the Explorations desk. We docked around 6:30 or so we were off the ship at 8.

Here is the website for the transportation schedule, both ferry and bus are on this site.

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=252

You will need to take bus #7 to Horseshoe Beach and that is part of the transportation pass. You will pick up the bus right at the dockyard. There is a road around from right where the ship docks follow that over the little bridge and the little house where the sell the passes is right there and that is also where the bus stops. There will be a little tram that will take you to the little house/bus stop from the ship if you want to wait for that.

also if you do go to Horseshoe beach you have to walk down a big hill. At the bottom there is a changing room, snack bar, and chair/umbrella rental. When you get ready to leave there is a guy with a van there that will give you a ride to the top of the hill for 1$ each. Best investment ever!!

Archived