Alternatiive restaurants

Fblack

Dave:

That must be a pretty significant discount off of list price for the Oceania and not much discount for Azamara. I wonder why?

By the way - I assume you are from Jenkintown PA. I am around the corner in Huntingdon Valley and on the Journey on June 30 with my kids, son in law and father in-law. I am looking forward to the meals on board - and everything else, frankly.

Mr Tucker: What am I missing in your argument? Here are the publisehed fares from the websites for comparable cruises: 14 day cruise in the Mediteranean for Journey Quest July 19 2008 and Oceania Insignia July 23, 2008.

Oceania $7598 per Person; Azamara $2999.

Granted one or both of these may be discounted later on. But if I was paying $328 per person PER DAY more for a cruise, I would expect that there would be no upcharge for the restaurant and lobster would be available every night.

Can't find anywhere that the quoted prices are within thousands of dollars of what you are quoting here. On Oceania's website a top level penthouse, including air fare, is not even the price you quoted. I think you have a math error here somewhere. A B1 Balcony, again including air fare, is $2200 per person less than what you have quoted...$5399 PP including air on Oceania, $4599 NOT including air on Azamara. Sounds like, at best, a wash to me...if you get cheap airfare when sailing Azamara.

Can't find anywhere that the quoted prices are within thousands of dollars of what you are quoting here. On Oceania's website a top level penthouse, including air fare, is not even the price you quoted. I think you have a math error here somewhere. A B1 Balcony, again including air fare, is $2200 per person less than what you have quoted.

The cruise that the poster mentioned is http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=2cc73046-81b0-496a-bbf3-61a615e51b39&CruiseUID=fbde2b22-c221-42ca-99bf-06b4c136bfbf

Inside Cat G is at the 2 for 1 fare $3999. including air. on Oceania

the regular rate would be $7998. but rarely does anyone pay that rate.

The cabins usually sell out at the 2 for 1 pricing and if any are left they usually increase in price the closer to sailing.

The Azamara cruise shows $3199. pp no air included and the routing is not the same.

Works out pretty close price wise, it is about choices.

I have not tried AZA yet so cannot say if the food & service is comparable.

Until they sort things out more and people actually sail both lines will we get a true comparison.

The cruise that the poster mentioned is http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=2cc73046-81b0-496a-bbf3-61a615e51b39&CruiseUID=fbde2b22-c221-42ca-99bf-06b4c136bfbf

Inside Cat G is at the 2 for 1 fare $3999. including air. on Oceania

the regular rate would be $7998. but rarely does anyone pay that rate.

The cabins usually sell out at the 2 for 1 pricing and if any are left they usually increase in price the closer to sailing.

The Azamara cruise shows $3199. pp no air included and the routing is not the same.

Works out pretty close price wise, it is about choices.

I have not tried AZA yet so cannot say if the food & service is comparable.

Until they sort things out more and people actually sail both lines will we get a true comparison.

The Oceania credit for not taking the "free" air is $800 on this cruise. The least expensive inside cabins on both ships are priced identically at $3199 pp.

The Oceania credit for not taking the "free" air is $800 on this cruise. The least expensive inside cabins on both ships are priced identically at $3199 pp.

You are right ...sorry forgot to mention the air credit.

not sure where JPG814 got the $2999. from on AZA

Either way ...we are off topic and it is just about personal choice.

We just saw the video on the CC review of the Journey--Dominique is the Maitre'D of Aqualina. He is truly a wonderful man and runs a great specialty restaurant--we remember him fondly from the SS. United States on Infinity in Alaska and, most recently, from Murano on Century in Scandinavia.

The meals we had at Murano (3 nights out of 12) were some of the best meals we've ever had, and we live in Las Vegas, home to great chefs from around the globe. The service is top notch, cooking is done tableside, and the staff truly gets to know you (esp when you're a repeat customer), much more so than in the regular dining room.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is some version of the Aqua Spa Cafe onboard Journey. This was our usual stop for breakfast and lunch on Century and Infinity...the food was healthy and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Plus, the specialty restaurant waitstaff usually ran the Aqua Spa Cafe during the day...you felt like you were back home again for breakfast and lunch.

Also, we had Concierge class rooms on our prior ships, and they had upgraded room service menu selections for breakfast. As the Journey is basically a completely concierge class ship, we're wondering if that means better room service (including smoothies) for breakfast.

Finally, does anyone know if Michel Roux is no longer the master chef for the X line? (and presumably Azamara)? He was still the master chef that designed the specialty menus last summer, but we heard he was leaving X. If he did leave, does anyone know who is designing the menu now?

Finally, does anyone know if Michel Roux is no longer the master chef for the X line? (and presumably Azamara)? He was still the master chef that designed the specialty menus last summer, but we heard he was leaving X. If he did leave, does anyone know who is designing the menu now?

Hi Summerlin !

Michel Roux is no longer with Celebrity. This happened around the first of the year. As of now, Celebrity does not have a "name" chef as their head chef. Whether they plan to (or not) in the future, remains a mystery.

Archived