Newbie Question-What is a "Hump" cabin?

We are taking our first cruise on the July 18th Legend of the Seas, and I have been reading all of these boards with interest! Thanks!

I have a question...what is a "hump" cabin, and why should I want one?:confused:

Thanks.

We are taking our first cruise on the July 18th Legend of the Seas, and I have been reading all of these boards with interest! Thanks!

I have a question...what is a "hump" cabin, and why should I want one?:confused:

Thanks.

I also would like to know the answer to the "Hump" question. It is not what I am probably thinking it is>.

Thanks.

It is a feature of the shape of RC's newer ships: Radiance class, Voyager class, Freedom class. In the middle of the ship, the sides bow out, creating a slight semicircular bulge, or hump. You can see it in the deck plans. Your Legend doesn't have this feature, HockeyMum.

Many people like these cabins because:

They are located conveniently midship and near elevators. Some have slightly bigger balconies than identical cabins elsewhere on the ship. Depending on where they are on the "hump", the view from your balcony can be better.

If you look at the deck plans of some of the ships there is an area in the middle that bumps out, that is the hump. The rooms there are very convenient and the end ones have larger balconies and the middle ones have an unobstructed view both fore and aft. Check out the deck plan of the Brilliance and you will see what I am describing.

If we could have gotten 2 rooms together, for our Cruise Oct 2008 to Hawaii I would have picked Hump Cabins after learning myself where they were, however there was only 1 available, and didn't want our Friends, ( 1st time Cruisers) to be somewhere else. so stayed with Mid Ship forward of Lifts. Next time will try them out.

Archived