one more question about staying in Galveston Hotel please!

patticaryl

I have been doing reading on this board about where to stay in Galveston pre-cruise but hoping for more suggestions. We are a group of 7 flying into Houston, so we don't need to worry about where to leave a vehicle for the week. We are flying in early enough in the day that we want to start our vacation out with a great experience from the get-go. What would you suggest for something on the beach, a bit of a splurge? I see the Harbor House recommended alot, but I am assuming it is not a beach site. Probably still exciting to see the ship come in so that option is not out. Just wondering what else there is that we would enjoy. Our crusie is the Conquest Sept 16. Thanks for all your help.

Patti

Thanks Mel,

I checked with San Luis and they have a two night min. Hotel Galvez looks really nice as well.

Have any luck ever on Priceline? I wonder what would come up if I put in 3 or 4 stars for our options.

Patti

Thanks Mel,

I checked with San Luis and they have a two night min. Hotel Galvez looks really nice as well.

Have any luck ever on Priceline? I wonder what would come up if I put in 3 or 4 stars for our options.

Patti

I dont know if you can specify "beach" on Princeline? I guess you can read the descriptions of which hotels they mean Iv heard, never used princeline myself so good question if you can specify a beach location as opposed to town near the port.

I emailed Priceline and they responded that all accommodations are for two adults in the room, that after getting the room "it is up to the descretion" of the hotel to give you a room that will accomodate kids. So that idea is out. Don't want to take that chance that the kids have to sleep on the beach. LOL

I checked out the Hampton and that looks like a good choice. What street is that on to make sure I have the right one.

Thanks again!

We used to live in Houston and we always stayed at Moody Gardens.

It is not as close to the port as some mentioned here, but it is FANTASTIC

Pretty easy to get to the port also.

It is on Galveston Island.

We used to live in Houston and we always stayed at Moody Gardens.

It is not as close to the port as some mentioned here, but it is FANTASTIC

Pretty easy to get to the port also.

It is on Galveston Island.

Moody Gardens is certainly a resort destination on it's own.

http://www.moodygardenshotel.com/

http://www.moodygardens.com/

If you just want a beach hotel go to Galveston.com and any with a Seawall Blvd. address will be across from beach. Three Holiday Inns, two La Quintas etc. Victoria Condos is an alternative.

The Harbor House is a really cool boutique hotel. It is actually closer to the water than any of the hotels on the Seawall due Seawall Bld separating the beach from the hotel. Harbor House is on the boardwalk and is in very close walking distance to the historic Starnd and some great restaurants. We dream about the shrimp kisses at Fisherman's Wharf. You will need some type of transport from there to the ship because you'll have your luggage.

Archived