what the heck to do...

MAO

This bio illuninecance thing sounds so cool. Does the weather have to be just right for it? Any directions on how to go about seeing it, do the cruise lines offer excursions, is it private is there a web site...

THANKS.

MAO

This bio illuninecance thing sounds so cool. Does the weather have to be just right for it? Any directions on how to go about seeing it, do the cruise lines offer excursions, is it private is there a web site...

THANKS.

MAO

Going in a full moon does inhibit the experience quite a bit. If you had a choice in the matter, it would be best during no moon.

There are 3 places in PR where you can see the bioluminescent bays; Fajardo, Vieques, and La Parguera. All are not close to San Juan for cruisers. Fajardo is the closest (1 1/2 hours each way). All are public areas, but you hire people to get you there on the water (via boat, kayak, etc.). Here is one website that may help...

http://kayak-pr.com/biobaytour.html

Aww, that's too bad! That was the one thing so far in this thread that caught my eye! But that is too much time in a car on my cruise. LOL Oh, well. Back to the drawing board.

San Juan is going to be tough because my husband is not at all into history or old cities (he thought Dublin "was really old and sucked". LOL I still love him tho, the cretin *wink* ) so I need to find something that we will both enjoy. Something cultural that is more modern, though, like a foodie thing, would be good. Being there at night time really does make it harder.

Archived