mad

i was just off of soverin of the seas we dident go to rccl private island we docked in nassua over night because off high winds:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

srri about the spelling typing fast

i was just off of soverin of the seas we dident go to rccl private island we docked in nassua over night because off high winds:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was scheduled to go to Princess Cay twice and both times, it was too windy to tender ashore.

The second time it was one of only three ports.

John in OH

You would have been even madder if they had gone to the private island and you got hurt in the tendering process because of choppy seas. Be thankful that they put the safety of the passengers first.

The only way to get a guaranteed "beach day" experience is to book a week (or weekend) at a hotel on the beach somewhere - and hope it doesn't rain.

We missed three ports and one substitute port last February due to weather. Stayed at sea for seven out of fourteen days! Now that's dissapointing:(

If you have time to notice it, you should take the time to fix it....IMHO

PE

As my wonderful mother used to say, "If that's the worst thing that ever happens to you......................." :rolleyes:

At least you were on a cruise, my god :rolleyes: . Cococay is beautiful, but its only a couple hours away from Nassau, you're not missing much. The iteneraries do say "subject to change" at the bottom.

We were changed from Eastern to Western Caribbean on Mariner a couple years back, we missed 3 of our ports, but it turned out to be our best cruise yet.

And if the Monarch can't stop in Catalina next week, I shall NOT be :mad: . I shall be happy and grateful on behalf of the people whose homes were not destroyed.

We were there last year and this year, so I was quite upset when I heard about the fire. Have a wonderful cruise.

As it states in the booking conditions. 'We regret we cannot guarantee that ships will call at every advertised port or follow every part of the advertised itinerary'

I doubt that you went on the cruise just to go to the Island. Just think you can now book another cruise to go back again. You might get there on the next one.

It's a GREAT reason to book another cruise.... we've yet to hit costa mya yet... so it remains on our "list" of things to see. At least you were safe although disappointed, I hope your sea travel was smooth enough. The rough waters can sure make it hard to enjoy yourself.

We had the exact same thing happen to us couple of years ago. I was disappointed because we missed the private island, but that night at Senor Frog's was straight out crazy.

Ty - Kinda funny to see your SN. We named our daughter Tyler. We call her Ty-Ty.:)

-Rich

You would have been even madder if they had gone to the private island and you got hurt in the tendering process because of choppy seas. Be thankful that they put the safety of the passengers first.

The only way to get a guaranteed "beach day" experience is to book a week (or weekend) at a hotel on the beach somewhere - and hope it doesn't rain.

And...remember the story about the cruisers who got to tender onto the island, but then the seas got so rough they couldn't tender back? It was reported to be a very long..miserable..cold night stuck on the island. :eek: :eek:

OP - I know you're disappointed, but it really could have been worse. Please be thankful that the cruiseline puts our safety over our personal wishes. (Gee, that makes the cruiseline sound like a parent, doesn't it?) :rolleyes:

Funny my first cruise was in 1996 and our first stop was to be Labadee. The day we arrived it was windy, rainy, and cold. We didn't stop, but instead kept sailing to Jamaica. Seemed completely reasonable to me that captain wouldn't want us to get injured by trying to get aboard a tender in rough seas. Plus the thought of spending the day on a rainy beach didn't really seem all that positive either. Silly me, I didn't know that I had been personally ripped off.:D

jc

If you have time to notice it' date=' you should take the time to fix it....IMHO[/quote']

Just a reminder from the Community Guidelines page:

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

And if the Monarch can't stop in Catalina next week, I shall NOT be :mad: . I shall be happy and grateful on behalf of the people whose homes were not destroyed.

Din't worry. You will be going there. The people have gone back to the island, and the fire is pretty much out. Just a few hot spots. Not sure that you will be able to do the golf carts up and around the mountain, but you will be able to go there.

Only one home burned and a few small businesses. That is very sad, but it could have been much worse. Over 4200 acres burned. The view will be a little different for you while you are there, but you will have a good time, I am sure.

Just a reminder from the Community Guidelines page:

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another' date=' and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Ditto!

Don't make yourself look like a JA in making someone else feel less than you THINK you are.

OP- sorry you didn't get to Coco Cay but I've been there a few times and after a while it gets old. It is a beach. I got mad when my husband and I strolled up to the pool thinking that everyone had left the ship and gone to Coco Cay and we would have the pool to ourselves (or at least not crowded) and there were more people there than I had ever seen. Seems like it was too choppy and windy to go and we didn't even realize it. Keep on cruising and one day you will make it there.

Ann

So who exactly are you mad at? The weather? Or the captain for NOT steering you into high winds, which usually equal high waves?!

:rolleyes:

Laura

Archived