Jeep / Dune Buggy Excursions

The4Cruisers

I'm looking for feedback from past cruisers who have done these. The ship offers tow Jeep tours. One is a tour of Coz and the other is a 4x4 drive to the boat to Passion Island.

Private tours offer jeep and dune buggy tours. Coz Cruise Excursions do not go off-road since Wilma. Shore Tours looks like a possible winner.

My big question is --- which ones actually do any off-roading?

Can anyone share their experience / feedback?

We booked the dune buggy excursion with Cozumel Insider for July. They were very cooperative to work with and accomodating for my family. I have read good things about them on the boards. I did research and contacted companies before making my final decision.

We used Island Marketing and did a Dune Buggy tour in December. It did not go off-road; I'm not sure if any do now. We enjoyed it, though (rather obviously) the dune buggies may not be the safest vehicles in the world. One broke down on the road, and ours was kind of old.

We drove around the island, seeing the less populated beaches, snorkeled (pretty tame), stopped at a couple of scenic places and a very small ruin, had a nice picnic on the beach and stopped at the tequila factory.

Since we'd been to Coz several times before, it was a fun way to see the 'wilder' side of the island. It did rain for a while, not much protection in a dune buggy! And you'd better know how to drive a stick-shift.

Archived