Insignia Review

flyiad

My Insignia review for 4/28/07 Civitavecchia to Venice has been added at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=28704.

It was a great cruise and it's hard getting back to reality! Oceania and Insignia met the majority of our exceedingly high expectations. We're so used to being pampered and our every wish granted - now all we can do is plan for the next time.

If you have any questions about the ship or ports I'll try to answer. I'll also get some pictures linked up as soon as I can.

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and being patient with our many questions!

Flyiad, thank you so much for the review and especially for taking the time to post while onboard. I can hardly wait to experience Insignia first-hand! About the laundry room...I was on the R1 in 1998, and one of my clearest memories is of passengers camped out in the hallway waiting for the laundry room to open while their travelling companions brought breakfast trays to them. I guess some things haven't changed;)

Thanks for the tip...... I will not plan on using the ship's laundry.

I have used the laundry rooms on Insignia & Regatta several times and no fighting or arm wrestling for the machines.

If there is a line up usually before docking then I just come back later.

Don't try doing laundry on a sea day!!!:eek:

Don't try doing laundry on a sea day!!!:eek:

Point well taken. Next cruise is 13 ports, 1 sea day. Most port days are 8 - 6, not much time left to do laundry. Shall send away to ship's.

Thank you so much for the review. In 41 days (not that anyone is counting) my husband and I will be going from Rome to Barcelona on Insignia. The information on the ports was very helpful and I look forward to gelato in Portofino.

Thanks as well for the laundry insights - I think I will pack heavy.

Lori

flyiad, thank you for your review. I will be taking that same cruise in Sept 2008!~we are going to spend 2-3 days in Rome before and maybe 1-2 in Venice after. I would apprecitate your suggestions on where to stay. thanks!

Archived