Carnival Aft cabins on Empress 7442-7451

floatinrocks

Has anyone been in 7442, 7449, 7447 or 7451 on Empress deck of Carnival? We're going on the Freedom and wonder about the back of the ship. We were told the balconies are 20 feet bigger than other balcony rooms. How is noise?:confused:

Have not had one yet, but been reading a lot on them because in March we have 7442 on Liberty. Only real complaint I heard were those on Deck 8 could hear scraping of the chairs, so shouldn't be a problem for you on Empress Deck. Some don't like it that there is no breeze back there.

Haven't heard of any soot problems on Liberty or Freedom. Might want to wipe your chair down before you sit just in case. Most say they would definitely book the aft again, and most agree the empress deck is great because it is between decks with cabins above and below.

Enjoy your cruise!

deck 7 aft is the place to chose- its between decks of cabin space and away from public areas.

Some balcony dividers can be opened-- some cant because of the placement of the cabin door.

ALWAYS wipe stuff down no matter what- soot is sometimes a problem for some and i have yet to experince it.

I have sailed the aft 7 times out of 10. Yes the balcony is bigger then the side ones. so why not get more for the same amount of money.

I often wondered what noise people are talking about...

I read a post that said it was so loud back there they couldnt think and i wondered "HUH" i never had a problem having a normal conversation with someone when sittin gout there.

your view:

283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

Thanks for the input. Where would the soot come from? I hadn't heard anything about soot but thanks I'll bring a jay cloth. As for the breeze maybe it won't be so dead as we're on the end with family in the next 2 and I'm told some of them open up. Can you have the air on with the door open on Carnival? We've only ever had a patio door type balcony stateroom before so not sure how this door thingy works. Will it stay open or do we need a bungie cord?

Thanks for any and all info

Thanks for the input. Where would the soot come from? I hadn't heard anything about soot but thanks I'll bring a jay cloth. As for the breeze maybe it won't be so dead as we're on the end with family in the next 2 and I'm told some of them open up. Can you have the air on with the door open on Carnival? We've only ever had a patio door type balcony stateroom before so not sure how this door thingy works. Will it stay open or do we need a bungie cord?

Thanks for any and all info

depends on when you cruise- during the summer months it will be too hot-too much humidty. you will get condensation in the cabin and everything will feel damp. also on some ships the air conditioning will shut off when the door is opened,

the soot comes from the funnel- depending if the ship runs long time while docked.

i dint use a bungie cord-- threw a towel over the top of the door which worked fine for us,-

• 2 months later...

The balcony will be much larger than a side balcony. There will be 2 chairs with sliding ottoman and a table. The door would stay open by itself with no problem. We had 7448 and because it is in the center of the ship, it was much smaller than the other aft cabins. It is great being on the aft.

Has anyone been in 7442, 7449, 7447 or 7451 on Empress deck of Carnival? We're going on the Freedom and wonder about the back of the ship. We were told the balconies are 20 feet bigger than other balcony rooms. How is noise?:confused:

Funny, we're cruising on the same ship but in March 08 - cabins 7447 and 7449. We were told that the partition between these 2 cabins can be removed. I checked on the cruise deck plans website and they say the dimensions of the decks for those cabins are 60 sq ft.

Funny, we're cruising on the same ship but in March 08 - cabins 7447 and 7449. We were told that the partition between these 2 cabins can be removed. I checked on the cruise deck plans website and they say the dimensions of the decks for those cabins are 60 sq ft.

the dividers on the ship can be opened. The only ship that the dividers can be removed is on the Spirit class. When the dividers is opened one of the cabin will have that door in the way of the window. Once it is opened it stays that way all week.

Get a note to the cabin stewerd that you want it opened. Only a limited amount can be opened.

Archived